Don't take your Mac to an Apple store

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you're talking about 'out of the box', then this is correct. I run Kali on one laptop, and one of my partners has Parrot on his. Out of the box, Kali has more resources, and Parrot is more vulnerable; it took me all of 5 minutes to write a quick Bash Bunny script that gave me remote root access on his Parrot box.
That being said, 'out of the box' is a fairly 'meh' thing with Linux. My Surface Pro runs Ubuntu, and it's the one I carry most often, due to things like size. The tools I use most often (metasploit, beef, etc) are on it, and I can certainly install any other tools I need. Most of my scripting work is done on the Kali laptop, but if I need one of those scripts on the SP, it takes a couple of seconds to copy it, regardless of where I am.

I think its because parrot has a small team compared to something like backtrack/kali, i personally never found parrot all that stable.

Kali will always be my choice for pen testing and Mint for general usage, but i have been looking more and more at arch.

What exploit did you use?

veritasAequitas

Green Belt
Reaction score
I suppose you know there is now both a Windows and Ubuntu OS for Raspian Pi? If you haven't look into MotionPieOS for your video streaming. I haven't used it yet but it looks pretty simple, just that it is said for best results you need a server and then a Pi zero W with the camera, although I think you can use the camera with say a Pi 3 only.

I recently read a review of Parrot which said it was good but didn't have the amount of applications of Kali, Knoppix, or even Backdoor. How is it working for you?

Pretty good actually, i'm using it with an infrared module for a wild life thing.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its because parrot has a small team compared to something like backtrack/kali, i personally never found parrot all that stable.

Kali will always be my choice for pen testing and Mint for general usage, but i have been looking more and more at arch.

What exploit did you use?

To take control of his laptop? I used a Bash Bunny script that I wrote. It essentially just activated a remote shell to a machine I run.

Latest Discussions