Dojo dress policy

Martial101

White Belt
Reaction score
Inglorious Bastards and Urban Kings in Kings Cross, London are the ones im interested in knowing.

Will be arranging a time to visit in person but currently can only email. If anyone frequents there i would really like to know if they require a set GI standard and how strict they really are with it if there is one.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Inglorious Bastards and Urban Kings in Kings Cross, London are the ones im interested in knowing.

Will be arranging a time to visit in person but currently can only email. If anyone frequents there i would really like to know if they require a set GI standard and how strict they really are with it if there is one.
Not to sound the wrong way, but shouldn’t you ask them? When you arrange a time to visit seems like an appropriate time to ask what you should wear.

OP
M

Martial101

White Belt
Reaction score
Most dojos would like you to wear their gear.

When i visit i wouldn't need to ask.

Im asking here as their is a good deal on a GI and would like to buy it.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Most dojos would like you to wear their gear.

When i visit i wouldn't need to ask.

Im asking here as their is a good deal on a GI and would like to buy it.
most of the poster s on here have no clue where kings cross is, and wouldn't walk about round there if they ever happened upon it,unless they had a sub machine gun,

I really doubt any dojo is going to turn you away if you turn up in anything reasonable, and both sound like they train in combat pants and a hoodie, so you may be somewhat over dressed, so ASK

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the deal will go away before you visit, call them up, tell them theirs a deal on a gi, but you wanted to make sure you could wear an outside gi before you bought it. Phones are a wonderful thing.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really? You mean Inglorious Grapplers.

Neither place is a dojo, they are gyms and it will depend on what you train what you wear. Firstly get the name right then ask then not us ( though I do actually know) but ask, if you don't it makes you sound arrogant and that won't go well in either gym.

OP
M

Martial101

White Belt
Reaction score
Really don't know how i messed up on that name, must have been thinking Tarantino with that brain fart, apologies.

If you know the answer just say or don't say. No need to be provocative. I only came on here as this was one of 2 forums that came up in a google search regarding martial arts and Sherdog seems more newbie welcoming.

Google didn't differetiate between a dojo and gym.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really don't know how i messed up on that name, must have been thinking Tarantino with that brain fart, apologies.

If you know the answer just say or don't say. No need to be provocative. I only came on here as this was one of 2 forums that came up in a google search regarding martial arts and Sherdog seems more newbie welcoming.

Google didn't differetiate between a dojo and gym.

I'm not being provocative at all, just practical. Both have FB pages you can look at, both have emails and phone numbers. You came across as being demanding, as if you want answers from us rather than going along to find out for yourself.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone loves tie dye.
20181029_072554.jpg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you’re one of the very few who does. :)

Then again, there are still a ton of Grateful Dead fans still out there. Phish too.

Anyone here remember who it was on MT that used to dye their Gis'? It was quite a while back though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most of the poster s on here have no clue where kings cross is, and wouldn't walk about round there if they ever happened upon it,unless they had a sub machine gun,

I really doubt any dojo is going to turn you away if you turn up in anything reasonable, and both sound like they train in combat pants and a hoodie, so you may be somewhat over dressed, so ASK

Inglorious Grapplers.

MTig.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll let you get away with the face being in that picture, DB. I can't see it for the colors. Man, I really like that gi.

The beard is off at the moment. I am almost too good looking.

Latest Discussions