Does this happen in this day and age?

AMP-RYU

Black Belt
Reaction score
nothing out of the ordinary to me, except maybe a lack of self control for being a black belt:asian:

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
You do realise it never said he passed?

That's a fair observation as well. The only problem with this is that the other blackbelts that sparred him towards the end fought in the same manner as he did.

What I'm trying to get at here is that these people appear to be taught to fight the same way as the person testing is fighting, from the first fight to the last.

And, he may very well be tired when the sparring starts, and we're not able to see what he had to go through before he started the sparring portion, other than doing 1 form. But, he looked pretty fresh to me when he started on his first opponent. His uniform was neat and in place, he didn't appear to be sweating that much, and looked like he had enough stamina to last.

I can understand losing technique and steam the further down the road you get against that many opponents. But watch him against his first opponent...a white belt. Same wild punches are thrown there as they were against the last blackbelt in the last fight. No fatigue is evident in the first fight, but is very evident in the last...however, the way the punches and kicks are thrown do not vary.

But watch the other blackbelts toward the end of the video. They fight the same way.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the guys in the video I posted are also competitive bicycle riders?

Man.. they are some multitalented gents

You can't tell with the gi bottoms though that they shave their legs!

Good fight though lol! I like the woman and the girl watching in the background lol! I watch the Tour de France and those guys are feisty to say the least. Almost as bad as jockeys! My daughter does MA and is a jockey, she says there's more fights betwwen jockeys than she sees anywhere else, if they think someone has impeded them they go at it fists flying. When they are actually riding in a race, lots of elbow strikes!

A freind of mine sent me the link for the bikers fighting, I though I was going to see big hairy Hells Angels lol!