OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This man knows secret technique...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/5min/story/707023.html

ISLAMORADA -- Greg LeNoir watched in horror as the shark's mouth opened wide, chomping a large set of teeth on his beloved 14-pound dog, Jake.

''Noooooo,'' LeNoir shrieked, fearing the worst.

But the case of the rat terrier vs. the shark has a happy ending.

''Jake's doing great,'' LeNoir's brother, Phillip, said Monday. ``And I still can't believe my brother jumped in the water and punched a shark.''

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well yeah :D

It was either Apex Species of Master of the planet and I was not sure which to go with but either way it is that whole becoming "bait" thing I have a problem with.

And if South Florida it would be worse, IMO, Sharks and Salt water Crocs now theres some fun for surfers, jet skiers, swimers, etc.

I won't go salt water Kayaking either because of stuff like this

sharkandsurfer.jpg

I did want to and still think about hopping in a white water kayak and shooting the rapids, rocks and such but I am NOT going in the ocean to kayak, swim or surf.

Well, first off-I surf whenever I get the chance. Baja in August, these days......

Secondly, the second picture, real or not, clearly depicts a dolphin, not a shark-you can tell by the angle of the dorsal fin.

One of those things you have to know, if you're descending to the bottom of the food chain....:lfao:

EDIT: guess it's a real photo, but, as I said, of a dolphin:http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/surfer.asp

Here's a picture of shark dorsal fin and surfer:

Attachments

• $sharkattack.jpg
    $sharkattack.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 182

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have not surfed in many, many years.
I learned in Hawaii way back in 1964 and found it to be fun and exhilarating. Took it up again in the mid eighties in to the early 90’s but have done none since. Having been land locked for the past 20 years and having gotten some what older has stopped my thoughts of surfing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, first off-I surf whenever I get the chance. Baja in August, these days......

Secondly, the second picture, real or not, clearly depicts a dolphin, not a shark-you can tell by the angle of the dorsal fin.

One of those things you have to know, if you're descending to the bottom of the food chain....:lfao:

EDIT: guess it's a real photo, but, as I said, of a dolphin:http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/surfer.asp

Here's a picture of shark dorsal fin and surfer:

Yes I know, I just found that out myself that it was a dolphin and I was actually coming to post that, thanks, but the first photo is real.

And so is this one :D
SharkSurfer.jpg

Not

Regardless, I am NOT surfing.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the picture in the last post about sums up how I felt on my first big wave. LOL

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh HERE we go :rolleyes: another shamless "HEY!!! I live in Hawaii" thread :D

Nope never surfed and never wanted to, I never had the desire to troll for sharks and be the bait at the same time :uhyeah:

I am however considering snowboarding, does that count :)

Funny, very funny actually! The part about another shameless I live in Hawaii thread! :rofl:

I do not surf but I do snowboard. Snowboarding really rocks as it is hard core surfing.

Attachments

• $Snowsnake sking and snow boarding February 2008 1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 171

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I feel weird being strapped in Brian. I tried that on some weird skate board. My wife likes snow boarding but it cost alot of money. Ever try skimboarding I love watching someone bust their butt when they fall haha.

Xue I love that pic with the shark in the wave. I never had a shark that big in any wave I took well none I saw lol.

I have not seen any crocs in the water they are somewhat rare here.

Aligators thats another thread and story.

quoll

White Belt
Reaction score
Yea but getting older and surfing comes after working and doing other stuff so don't get out much, even though the beach is all of 60metres away. Water is cold here only about 20 or 22 c.

Learning to kitesurf this year, something different, been windsurfing for 26 years, surfing for 20 years.

More people are getting eaten by crocodiles in Aus now. Noticed I get a bit more paranoid in deep dark water now, didn't bother me as much when i was younger.

Paddling out is a really good stomach and shoulder workout.

The local thing is a bit crappy and it does happen everywhere, might not be as bad as you are describing, not much physical violence here just a bit of intimidation.

Enjoy the water.
Cheers
Graeme

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:asian: Then you are safe

You'll have to teach it to me sometime... I still won't go surfing.. but at least if I come across one on the beach I can handle him :D

Old ninja surfer say...

"Swim fasta, yah! Da buggah broke da mouf on da fat ones, yah!"

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like Jeff, the only thing I surf is the web. I would love to really surf though. I love the water and grew up water skiing on a small lake my grandparents lived on. But to be in the ocean riding the waves on a surfboard.....ahhhhhhh....that would be heaven. :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I learned from a super secret defense against shark technique from an old ninja master turned surfer...

I look forward to you sharing your secrets in your new book Surf Sword published by Paladin Press. ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I feel weird being strapped in Brian. I tried that on some weird skate board. My wife likes snow boarding but it cost alot of money. Ever try skimboarding I love watching someone bust their butt when they fall haha.

Xue I love that pic with the shark in the wave. I never had a shark that big in any wave I took well none I saw lol.

I have not seen any crocs in the water they are somewhat rare here.

Aligators thats another thread and story.

I'm with Brian here; although I do not snowboard I am seriously considering taking it up.... Besides Land Sharks are much easier to avoid.

As for the Shark in the wave it is a megalodon... honest..

See I have photographic proof they still exist :D

Megalodon.jpg

boat_meg.jpg

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll be heading out to White Plains this afternoon. The surf is going to be small, but hopefully enough to get up on a long board. A friend of mine read the surf report last week and went out anyway. She got there just a tremendous set came in and road waves for a couple of hours. Just goes to show you that surf reports are like weather reports. They can be wrong...

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fot those in Hawaii anuy of you ever get to surf off Queens Point. I am pretty sure thats what my friend and surf instructor called it the day he took me there and dared me to face the waves

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I usually surf in Neptune Beach or Hannah Park in Jacksonville, FL. If not there, I surf in New Smyrna Beach on the weekends...

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I usually surf in Neptune Beach or Hannah Park in Jacksonville, FL. If not there, I surf in New Smyrna Beach on the weekends...

Even make it down to Juptier/Hobe Sound area? Good surf dow that way too.

What is everyone riding?

I have a Robert August longboard.

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have a 7'8" Premier Funshape made by and a 6'8" Charlie Baldwin. The latter I bought used for 50 dollars. Add in the nine bucks for a nose guard and four dollars for a shortboard leash and I think I came out on the good side in that regard. I ain't surfed in ages though. I owe it to myself...

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Fot those in Hawaii anuy of you ever get to surf off Queens Point. I am pretty sure thats what my friend and surf instructor called it the day he took me there and dared me to face the waves

I surf there occasionally. It's one of the less busy spots in Waikiki.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I was told you can only see the waves at Queens Point from Waikiki Beach if the waves are over 15 feet.
Wish I had been told that before I went there that first time LOL

Latest Discussions