does anyboby know chuojiao and tantui?

onibaku

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
can you tell me how do users train in these style?

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like everybody else trains their styles.

Care to expand/clarify your question a little bit?

OP
onibaku

onibaku

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
kore ga wakarinikui?
what I wanted to know is what makes them different from other styles. I've read that chuojiao is poking feet and tantui is spring leg. why did they name it poking feet? maybe because they train their feet in a way that when they use it their feet is poking? does this tantui style train their legs to become like spring?

what I wanted to know is HOW THEY TRAIN. I'm looking for methods, drills, routines, and some basics that you can share. you can also share some techniques. what I want to know is how they train that makes them different from other styles

saraba

Rabu

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tan Tui is a set.

There are many variations. 10, 12, 14 and 28 road versions exist (probably many variations on those numbers, themes and methods as well). Most are done in a straight line, back and forth, over and over. Each 'road' is one of the lines of the form.

As a set, it is practiced inclusive in other systems. I have never heard of any 'systematic' approach to teaching Tan Tui as a stand alone system. That doesnt mean I am right in that regard, I allow that the world is big enough to include things I have not seen. I speak only of my own knowledge in that regard.

That said, it is a set rich in content and training application. The stance transitions as well as the vigorous use of the arms in conjunction with moving, striking with arms/fists and kicking are a great workout.

I practice a 12 road Tan Tui and certainly can attest to it being a good workout, developing strong shoulders, waist and legs. Posture is important in the form, so certainly it offers a great foundation for other systems, and is often used as an introductory set for TCMA styles.

Best of luck in your search. You can also search this and other forums for Ethnically Muslim origin martial arts and gain some insight into the training methodologies used.

Rob

count

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tan Tui isn't really a system by itself, IMO, but exist in several systems including praying mantis, northern shaolin and northern long fist. I learned a couple of versions of Tan Tui.

The 10 line version from jiao men chang chuan (Islamic long fist) is a great foundation for all northern styles. Each line is practiced at least 3 times on both sides but can continue as many times as you can take it. Each posture is stretched to the maximum and held for 8 breathes. Kicks are delivered with a snap and held.

In the second level of training, you can incorporate a tou bu (grinding step) which is found in some of the more advanced long fist forms. You can also incorporate hum/ha/heng sounds to the breaths.

In the third level of training, there is two man form and application training. Through out all levels, the basic power issues and stances of long fist are also trained.

Hope this helps.

Latest Discussions