Doctors Grow Nose on Man’s Forehead

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Doctors Grow Nose on Man’s Forehead

By Gillian Mohney

Sep 25, 2013 1:17pm ABCNEWS/Reuters EXCERPT:

After a Chinese man’s nose was irreparably damaged from infection, his doctors decided to “grow” a second nose on the man’s forehead to replace the original nose.
The patient, identified only as Xiaolian according to Reuters, has his nose damaged from an infection following a car accident. His doctors decided the only way to reconstruct his nose was to surgically form a new one on the 22-year-old’s forehead.

Tissue expanders were placed under the skin and then cut to resemble a nose. According to local media, doctors expect to implant the new nose soon.
END EXCERPT
Very cool medical advancement.
Oh, hell, you know I didn't post this for that...
Look at the Pic!
He's lucky he didn't drown, one rainstorm could have killed him...
He must take baths instead of showers...
You wonder if he picked it, don't you?
He pissed off the wrong guy, and that guy really did rearrange his face...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
gives totally new meaning to the idea of having the nose in the middle of your face.....
But why did they put it on upside down?!

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
If this procedure doesn't work out for him I suppose he could get a job with Kleenex.

(All kidding aside, that is a really cool way to solve this guys issue.)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you are just thumbing your noses at this poor man's blight!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
gives totally new meaning to the idea of having the nose in the middle of your face.....
But why did they put it on upside down?!
When the come to reposition it they will most likely leave a flap of skin connected, the bit between his nose and the new nose. That will give a blood supply to the new nose until more blood vessels can grow. Similar process occurs with breast surgery to retain the nipple.
:asian:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
When the come to reposition it they will most likely leave a flap of skin connected, the bit between his nose and the new nose. That will give a blood supply to the new nose until more blood vessels can grow. Similar process occurs with breast surgery to retain the nipple.

Now how would you know about nipples?!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now how would you know about nipples?!
Actually I consider myself quite an expert. I started my study over sixty five years ago, first hand to mouth, so to speak, and have maintained an active interest ever since, with the possible exception of those years between say three and ten!
;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually I consider myself quite an expert. I started my study over sixty five years ago, first hand to mouth, so to speak, and have maintained an active interest ever since, with the possible exception of those years between say three and ten!
;)

No need to get your nose out of joint...

;)

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey! I posted this for smart *** remarks! There you go, being all practical... :p

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give you practical. Imagine what you can grow (maybe larger?) in close proximity to the original part to have a spare. The mind boggles.

Latest Discussions