Do you still go to your class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
thats news to me, so the poor never die coz they cant afford medical treatment, someone should tell those with no health insurance, it will come as a great relief
Your news media has the healthcare situation here way overblown.
Elective surgery is suspended right now and is likely limited for some but no one is turned down at an ER, ever.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your news media has the healthcare situation here way overblown.
Elective surgery is suspended right now and is likely limited for some but no one is turned down at an ER, ever.
BUT YOUR SKIRTING ROUND, DO poor PEOPLE DIE AS THEY CANT AFFORD MEDICAL CARE, THAT A SIMPLE YES OR NO ANSWER NOTA LOAD OF UNCLE SAM IS GREAT WAFFLE

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're just arguing to argue. Take it up with the folks who put out the report.

HERE ARE THE PROJECTED DEATH TOLL PER AGE RANGE FOR THE UK, you notice the 50.60 age group is some what greater than the 20- 30 one, in fact the under 30 range has no death toll at all that shows up on the graph

Attachments

• _111376755_optimised-corona_cases-nc.png
    _111376755_optimised-corona_cases-nc.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 112

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
BUT YOUR SKIRTING ROUND, DO poor PEOPLE DIE AS THEY CANT AFFORD MEDICAL CARE, THAT A SIMPLE YES OR NO ANSWER NOTA LOAD OF UNCLE SAM IS GREAT WAFFLE

The answer is really yes and no. If you go to the emergency room, you won’t be denied treatment. However, some people don’t seek treatment at all, or until it’s too late, because they are afraid of the cost. It’s not only poor people who react this way. Medical costs in the US are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The answer is really yes and no. If you go to the emergency room, you won’t be denied treatment. However, some people don’t seek treatment at all, or until it’s too late, because they are afraid of the cost. It’s not only poor people who react this way. Medical costs in the US are crazy.

so yes poor people die as they cant afford medical care >?

where is the no element ?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Indirectly, I suppose. And again, it’s not limited to “poor” people.

any one who cant afford medical care or adequate insurance is POOR, they are literally to poor to live if they get ill

there is nothing indirect about it. there is direct causation between someone income and if they die of a treatable illness or not

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
any one who cant afford medical care or adequate insurance is POOR, they are literally to poor to live if they get ill

there is nothing indirect about it. there is direct causation between someone income and if they die of a treatable illness or not

By that definition, most Americans are “poor.”

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
My god what is the matter with people. We've got the world in chaos. Hundreds of thousands dying or sick and we've got grown adults on a martial art forum having a UK v USA argument....honestly people

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This week have started doing classes via video link, with students, up to 25 at a time, but its purely about movement, keeping the body moving during the covid-19 restrictions, we start a warm up, then linking efficeint movement and breath, move on to core strength training, applying pressure/stress through breath patterns, to pillar exercise, push up, pull up, squat, leg raise, rope twist, culminating in cool down, then relaxation, through breathing in and applying tension to the body, and exhaling to relax. Wasnt sure we was going to get many, but we are up to 9x1hour sessions a week, and going to add another 3 classes next week. The only thing missing is the combat and pressure testing, by sparring, which is a thing that needs to be constant imho. But to keep students morale, and interest high, and keep them moving is paramount at present. It did take a few lessons to completely concerntrate on the class, rather than the individual students taste in decor

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and you need to take into account the american system, these younger folk could just be rich people who have booked themselves in to hospital

with medical care based on wealth rather than need its largely meaningless, to look at hospital admissions as a measure

There's not much incidence of rich folks just checking themselves into hospitals - that's really not much of a thing in the US. Most hospital admissions come from doctors' orders.

and where have you got THAT ASSUMPTION from, reading reports and sticking your own assumptions in is pointless, it just proves what ever your assumptions want it to prove
I'm not even sure what this is about, Jobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.