Do you have an "Off Season"?

OP
M

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't see anyone pooh-poohing anything here. Just sharing their own thoughts and experiences. I am not going to take anything that any of you have to say personally. This is the internet. I will take the constructive comments and try to apply them to our situation and I will discard any personal attacks or irrelevant information.

Thus far there has been very little in this thread to discard with the exception of the military references. I was in the military long enough to know what if any correlation military training has to sport TKD training.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is what I mean, you aren't training them with the same intensity that the other are.

If the coach from Hungary is old enough to have been there during the communist era I imagine the training would have been very tough indeed. results mean everthing in that time.

ATC I was talking about our troops pushing through injuries in sport and in the field. They like combat sports lol, rugby, league and union, boxing, MMA and hockey, basically anything even vaguely violent or dangerous, they do karate, Judo as well, TKD hasn't really caught on I'm afraid.
Yeah, I see that we were not on the same page at first but we got there eventually.
icon12.gif

Mango. I hope everything works out OK for Sam. I actually have my daughter watch a couple of her clips from time to time to get a better sence for timing and distance. I really like how Sam uses inside outside axe kick.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Our team is off from nationals until September, though a few kids will go to OTC camp in August. In the fall we focus more on the basics and hit more local tournaments. Through the hard (Michigan) winter we don't go to tournaments, but pick up training intensity around the new year. We're really off during December. Then we prep for the spring season, which builds up to nationals.

My memory says that English football (soccer), which for youth is government regulated, requires a full 3 month period every year with no game play...time for full recovery for young bodies. Not a bad idea.

Latest Discussions