Do karate schools in the US not teach dirty fighting any more or do you have to move to Japan?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
.... you don't fool me a bit with that routine....

"falling to one knee under the weight of his attacker".... nah....

Hope the local constabulary judoka doesn't see the video and scry a perfect single-knee-drop seoinage....

Then again, judoka being judoka... he'd

probably just grin and say something like, "old dude got lucky, falling like that huh."

This actually happened to me in Denver-I've told the story here more than once, I think-caught a kid trying to steal my motorcycle at around 4 AM (on my way to work) and he came at me with the screwdriver he was using-it went just like that, except that by the time the cops arrived, he'd woken up and was begging me to let him go-those laughing cops? Called him an ambulance.....
rolling.gif

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a smart guy who doesn't ignore that the silent 3rd guy in any fight is Mr. G.

G = 9.2m(s*s) since I cant superscript a 2.

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score
Before uni broke up for Summer my Sensei dedicated the last three or four sessions specifically to ground work. (Mounts, holds, escapes etc.) and normally when we have a newcomer to the Dojo we all practice basic self-defence techniques that rely more on 'dirty tactics' as they're the ones most likely to be used.

I think it's more down to the individual style and requirement of the club, if it's more competition based you're going to learn something a lot more traditional that something like my club, which has a high turnover of lots of different Karate styles.

Also bump for Twendkata71's post, I've recently studied Chinte which includes eye/nose gouging. I think that's more what you're after :)

(Hi btw ;P)