DKI and No Touch Knockouts?

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan

I still would like to know what the purpose to these no touch KO's is...........
So far I have not heard any compelling theory as to why they are needed and what they are suppose to achieve.
Personally I doubt that anyone could do them on an "unwilling" subject.

While I was in China I went to the Beijing Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine and saw some wild stuff.........I mean some really wild stuff.
All of it was done for medical reasons though..........this no touch KO stuff just sounds & looks like a circus side show act.

point hit squarely on the head here. what purpose does it serve? -- to convince people you can defy physics and reality is to me a curious way of teaching self defense.

my concern is when you get sheep to go baaaahhh on command- no telling what you'll want them to do next.

caveat emptor

:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Dillman stated that the no-touch knockouts were a recent discovery and that he realized it was not yet practical, but that he believed that within two years he will be able to functionalize it.

J

J-kid

I think those guys getting knocked out Ryushikan posts are wanting to believe something so bad that they are doing it to them selfs. Its almost like one of those people afraid of a mouse it you put it on there hand they might pass out. Are they in any danger (no), Dos the mouse hold a real threat(no inless its mickey mouse) . And no the Mouse dos not have any super powers to knock people out just like the guy in the vidoe, Can you spell HOAX!!!!!:soapbox:

C

chufeng

No touch knockouts......

Hmmmm...

How about J.Lo????

But that would only apply to the straight males in the crowd...
;)

chufeng

I do my breathing exercises....

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by chufeng

No touch knockouts......

Hmmmm...

How about J.Lo????

I think I would rather be awake and have try and knock me out.......if ya know what I mean.;)

OP
Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng

No touch knockouts......

Hmmmm...

How about J.Lo????

If I have to "fight" with J.Lo, it is going to the ground... and I WANT her to touch me to knock me out!!! Touch me a LOT!!! Otherwise, it is no different than watching TV...

:rofl:

Gambarimasu.

M

Mike Clarke

I've been following this thread for a while and thought I'd stick my two cents worth in.

Some years back when I was living in England a well known karate business man had come across Mr Dillmans 'wonder' waza and jumped on the bandwaggon introducing it to the U.K.
As you might expect he made lots of money from those who are always on the lookout for the 'easy' way out.

Anyways, to cut a long story short, I contacted this 'master' and told him if he could knock me out without touching me I'd leave my wife and sell up everything I own (hand it over to him), and devote my entire life to following him.
All he had to do was knock me out once without making contact infront of a t.v. crew.

Okay, now I'm going to ask for a show of hands on what you think the outcome was?
He never took up my (very serious) offer.
But I note he's still teaching his 'art' and even found his way to Australia once or twice.

I'm happy to repeat the offer if anyone is interested?

Mike.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Mike Clarke

I've been following this thread for a while and thought I'd stick my two cents worth in.

Some years back when I was living in England a well known karate business man had come across Mr Dillmans 'wonder' waza and jumped on the bandwaggon introducing it to the U.K.
As you might expect he made lots of money from those who are always on the lookout for the 'easy' way out.

Anyways, to cut a long story short, I contacted this 'master' and told him if he could knock me out without touching me I'd leave my wife and sell up everything I own (hand it over to him), and devote my entire life to following him.
All he had to do was knock me out once without making contact infront of a t.v. crew.

Okay, now I'm going to ask for a show of hands on what you think the outcome was?
He never took up my (very serious) offer.
But I note he's still teaching his 'art' and even found his way to Australia once or twice.

I'm happy to repeat the offer if anyone is interested?

Mike.

Is your wife hot?? ;)

D

DKI Girl

Hi Mike.

Since I am not sure where you are located.... I can't provide you with some possible suggestions of seminars to attend to have this opportunity provided for you.

dkigirl

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by DKI Girl

Hi Mike.

Since I am not sure where you are located.... I can't provide you with some possible suggestions of seminars to attend to have this opportunity provided for you.

dkigirl

I think it says on his website........

M

Mike Clarke

Kirk,
Not sure what your asking about here?
You should know that my wife was not included in the things that I was going to hand over to the knock out king of England.
She is not 'mine' to give, I don't own her.

And just incase you were thinking of making a move on her you should know she was thrown a biker gang for being too rough.
She is so big she has to leave the beach so the tide can come in, and her complextion is such that blind people often practise their reading skills on her face.
She's won best in show at the local tattoo convention six years on the trot, and twice at the dog show.
She's a red head (no hair, just a red head:D )

Apart from all that, she's a dear little thing that's close to my heart.

dkigirl,
Hi and thanks for your input.
As to me going to a 'seminar', you misunderstand. I'm not interested in 'learning' this kind of hocuss pocuss, but I'm happy to give anyone who has mastered it(?) a chance to come and claim their prize. I'll set up the t.v. crew and sign anything that lets them off the hook with regards to being sued for my death etc.

Hope this helps?

Yours in budo,
Mike Clarke.

R

RyuShiKan

Now if, or should I say when, it doesn't work do they have to give you anything?
Are any excuses allowed?
For example: "the sun was in my eyes", "it's not the right time of day", "you have a beard so it won't work" (I actually heard that one once)

K

Kirk

Kirk,
Not sure what your asking about here?
You should know that my wife was not included in the things that I was going to hand over to the knock out king of England.
She is not 'mine' to give, I don't own her.

And just incase you were thinking of making a move on her you should know she was thrown a biker gang for being too rough.
She is so big she has to leave the beach so the tide can come in, and her complextion is such that blind people often practise their reading skills on her face.
She's won best in show at the local tattoo convention six years on the trot, and twice at the dog show.
She's a red head (no hair, just a red head:D )

Apart from all that, she's a dear little thing that's close to my heart.Yours in budo,
Mike Clarke.

Glad you took it as intended, as a joke!

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan

Now if, or should I say when, it doesn't work do they have to give you anything?
Are any excuses allowed?
For example: "the sun was in my eyes", "it's not the right time of day", "you have a beard so it won't work" (I actually heard that one once)

What about: "It doesn't work on skeptics!"

I love that one.
:toilclaw:

D

DKI Girl

dkigirl,
Hi and thanks for your input.
As to me going to a 'seminar', you misunderstand. I'm not interested in 'learning' this kind of hocuss pocuss, but I'm happy to give anyone who has mastered it(?) a chance to come and claim their prize. I'll set up the t.v. crew and sign anything that lets them off the hook with regards to being sued for my death etc.

Hope this helps?

Yours in budo,
Mike Clarke.

So then that pretty much sums it up that you are not interested in learning anything new....it really doesn't matter that it could improve or change your martial art.

Just because someone that you talked to can't do what they say, doesn't mean that someone else hasn't the ability either.

I'm sure that alot of people didn't believe in Oyata either, but now they do.

dkigirl

R

RyuShiKan

So then that pretty much sums it up that you are not interested in learning anything new

I think he said he is offering anyone that thinks they can do the "No touch KO" stuff to give it a shot on him and prove it.

....it really doesn't matter that it could improve or change your martial art.

How would it do that?

M

Mike Clarke

Hey Kirk,
It's all good fun if you want it to be. As they say here in Australia.
"No worries mate!"

DKI Girl,
I don't want to seem like I'm attacking you or anyone else for that matter. It's just that this sort of thing comes up from time to time all over the world. It's a scam based on peoples wish to achieve without working for it. Religions do it, politicians do it, and martial artist do it too.
All I'm simply saying is this. If anyone can knock me out or kill me without making physical contact with either their own body or a weapon (knife ,gun etc) then I will allow them to display their 'skill' on me as a way of establishing proof.
If they do knock me out, then I'll hand over all I own and become their diciple for the rest of my life.
What many people in the martial arts seem to forget is that the 'fight' we are having is not against another person, but our own ego. I am not being egotistical with my offer, I'm hoping to shine some light on the matter.
Many years ago on Okinawa Miyagi Chojun sensei (the founder of goju-ryu) heard of a man who said that no one in the world could break his grip once he had a hold of them. Facinated by the stories he joined a few other people and visited this great master.
After the introductions were made Miyagi sensei offered the master a chance to grab him, this the master did grasping Miyagi sensei hard across the front of his chest in a bear hug.
Once the grip was on it looked solid and there seemed no way that Miyagi sensei was going to wriggle free.
Miyagi sensei's answer to the master grip was simple he kneed the master hard in between his legs and immedeatly the master lost his grip.
Everyone the master had gripped before Miyagi sensei had gone along with the masters prompting and allowed him to set things up in a way that let his 'magic' work.
May I suggest that this is similar to the things some so called martial arts masters (?) do today.
At the end of the day one has to ask what such a skill would be used for anyway? And if it was legit I suspect there are more than enough idiots in the world who would have learnt it by now and would be busy dropping anyone and everyone who upset them.
I have a couple of Mr Dillmans seminars on tape and I have to tell you the activity I've seen on them bear little resemblance to martial arts training, but an uncanny resemblance to an American t.v. show I used to watch as a kid called 'The Amazing World of Kreskin'.

Funakoshi sensei, the man who founded shotokan karatedo once said we should "Part the clouds and seek the way".
I believe that is still good advice.

Yours in friendship and budo,
Mike.

M

Mike Clarke

Hey RyuShiKan,

No. I won't make any claim on them for anything. I think the experience of falling flat from such a hight would be enough to contend with.

I read somewhere that a Japanese shotokai 'master' living in England has now said this is his goal too.

Must be something they add to the water? What else can bring grown up people to such a state of mind?

Did I ever tell you about the time I was levitating over the dojo floor once? You see it all started one day when I was...............

:)
Mike

R

RyuShiKan

Hey RyuShiKan,

No. I won't make any claim on them for anything. I think the experience of falling flat from such a hight would be enough to contend with.

Don't hold your breath as I think you will have a long wait for that day. ;)

I read somewhere that a Japanese shotokai 'master' living in England has now said this is his goal too.

I don't know if you ever came up to the "big island" when you were over here.......but there are plenty of Japanese "masters" that try that crap.
I met one asked him to work his "voodoo" on me.............didn't work. He said I wasn't "open to the experience" or some sort of clap trap.
Another I met said I would have to train with him for several months before it would work on me. I'll make sure I enroll the next person that wnats to punch my lights out (which seems to be growing the more I post on here) to enroll in his school first so it will work on him. Paaaaalease :rolleyes:

Must be something they add to the water? What else can bring grown up people to such a state of mind?

Bad water or good beer. Too much Boddinton's has been know to make people babble incessantly.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was levitating over the dojo floor once? You see it all started one day when I was............... :)
Mike

No, but did I ever tell you about how I didn't need an airplane to come to Japan.........I just willed myself here..........

Latest Discussions