Disturbing Movies

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok.. I watched 'Secret Window' last weekend.. now that was disturbing.. Yeah I know.. Stephen King.. go figure.. but that had some definite twists in it~!

I thought 'Taking Lives' was disturbing also.. but a good movie~!

Butterfly Effect was up there too..

Not really horror flicks.. just makes ya wonder..like 'The Ring'.. There's some strange ones out there~!

What movies do you find 'disturbing?'

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The movie was called "Last house on the left" I think I was about 11 or 12 when a few of us sneaked in the drivein to see it.The movie screwed me up for weeks.

K

KenpoGirl

:anic: Seven with Brad Pitt. That was probably the most disturbing movie I've ever seen, and definitely not for a first date. :wah:

Dot

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The exorcist

or The Omen all time biggies
Jaws (when 1st came out did really make you afrain to go in the water-and that was in the midwest)
Todd

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i'm gonna go with the blair witch project...it worked a real phsycological level...the unknown, unseen fear...

P

Patrick Skerry

PINK FLAMINGOES - why would anybody make such a sick thing?

B

Baytor

Ok, it wasn't the whole movie, but in the first Resident Evil movie, I was really disturbed when the zombies were clawing and biting at the people.

A

AaronLucia

I hate horror movies, so i'd say

that horror movie with Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer, i can't remember what the title is.

A

AnimEdge

End of Evangelion, chances are you havnt seen it, cuz its a anime, but man was it a great disturbing movie

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Evangelion was great, but I didn't find it too disturbing because I knew it would be weird going in...being a cartoon and all, heh. I mostly found it confusing. Maybe I'll watch it again.

The most disturbing one I can think of was an older one called "In the Mouth of Madness." I think it had Robert Urich or somebody in it. Most horror flicks with people jumping out out of shadows when the music gets creepy don't really scare me because they are predictable, though. This one kinda makes ya think. Oh, and the "Exorcist" movie for sure.

A

AnimEdge

i dont like many american horror movies becouse most of the involve jumpingout scare tactics liek all teh screams and do on, though i thought that Butterfly was good even with its plotholes, but most of the ones i like come from Japan, Parasite Eve was very good though had a cheesy part :p

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
I thought 'Taking Lives' was disturbing also.. but a good movie~!
Any movie with an opportunity to see Angelina Jolie 'in the flesh' has got to be on my list ... but ... two things ...

1 - Nobody does it like THAT! ....
2 - And it was a very disturbing, creepy, disquieting movie.

... shudder ....

Mike

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ravenous. Its a tale of cannibalism and redemption set in the mid-1800s that just messes with your mind in ways you can't imagine.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I watched the first two of the Hellraiser series and stopped after midway through the second one. Just too... over the top.
Seven I thought was BRILLIANT, but was it disturbing? Hard (for me) to say because I was drawn into the brilliance of Kevin Spacy's character.

To me a "disturbing movie" would have to be one that haunts you long after you get home from the theater (really THE best place to watch ANY movie of good to great caliber). But it disturbs you in a good way that it makes you think about the ability of men to do the things that they do to their fellow man.
I do love a good Horror/Terror flick. ...when it's well done. Now-a-days these are becoming increasingly rare.

I recall reading an interview with Alfred Hitchcock. He defined the difference between Terror and Horror.... "Terror is when you're in a locked room with several other people and you know that there is a bomb about to go off. Horror is after the bomb goes off and you're the only one left alive."

B

Baytor

Eldritch Knight said:
Ravenous. Its a tale of cannibalism and redemption set in the mid-1800s that just messes with your mind in ways you can't imagine.
Saw that...you're right, it was pretty messed up.

House on Haunted Hill -the new one- really creeped me out because of my old college. The girls dorms was an old hospital (complete with psych ward), and the guys dorms used to be the nurses dorm. It was built in the late 1800's. It was a very creepy place.

Latest Discussions