Displaying So. Korean flag vertically

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen the South Korean flag displayed vertically in many dojangs displayed in just about every possible way. Can someone please tell us the correct way to hang it vertically (with a photo).

Thanks!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
I've seen the South Korean flag displayed vertically in many dojangs displayed in just about every possible way. Can someone please tell us the correct way to hang it vertically (with a photo).

Thanks!

A good general rule to display flags vertically is to put the top left corner in the top left corner. That would be "yang" on the left, and "heaven" (乾 Qián-don't know it in Korean) trigram (three solid bars) in the top-left corner.

Couldn't find a picture, sorry-and it maybe that the South Koreans have a different rule......

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
A good general rule to display flags vertically is to put the top left corner in the top left corner. That would be "yang" on the left, and "heaven" (乾 Qián-don't know it in Korean) trigram (three solid bars) in the top-left corner.

Couldn't find a picture, sorry-and it maybe that the South Koreans have a different rule......

Why not hang it horizontally?

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Thanks!

Blue on the left hand side as you look at it.

Latest Discussions