Disagreeing is fine, just explain why

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you target a female poster with this? Classy.
So you're female. I don't care, that's not even a thing in a written medium as far as I'm concerned. I had assumed you were just a femmy dude but still, who cares.

You are my polar opposite. Im straight up, you're PC. We are never going to get along.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
From time to time people disagree with each other on the forum. There have been times when people have marked down that they disagree with posts of mine. That's fine to disagree, as a matter of fact sometimes its good to disagree and sometimes I want people to disagree with me because it brings about a challenge and I like to see their point of view. Doing so can help me with my growth in developing my own points of view and can sometimes change or influence a change in my points of view. So, as I said its fine to disagree and sometimes its good, I would just like to ask that if you do disagree with me about stuff to please explain why.
Or even don't explain why. Just keep it friendly or respectful as a minimum. :)

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why is disagreeing different than liking or agreeing? I've heard people say things like This before, but never seen anyone complain about folks agree ing without comment.
Good point of view. People may agree for different reasons. So a reason for agreement could also be valuable info. But this forum is not a consulting service, so I still think everything here - including explanations or participation - is facultative (other than "friendly community").

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're female. I don't care, that's not even a thing in a written medium as far as I'm concerned. I had assumed you were just a femmy dude but still, who cares.

You are my polar opposite. Im straight up, you're PC. We are never going to get along.

No you are a troll. Plenty of evidence. I was a PC until I retired but not politically correct whatever that means.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From time to time people disagree with each other on the forum. There have been times when people have marked down that they disagree with posts of mine. That's fine to disagree, as a matter of fact sometimes its good to disagree and sometimes I want people to disagree with me because it brings about a challenge and I like to see their point of view. Doing so can help me with my growth in developing my own points of view and can sometimes change or influence a change in my points of view. So, as I said its fine to disagree and sometimes its good, I would just like to ask that if you do disagree with me about stuff to please explain why.
I think you can click a disagree button and not give a reason.. before MT it change I remember there was like a space for (optional) comment when you left a like and I assume a dislike too.. there was never any obligation then or now, do you think there ought to be? How do you feel when someone dislike what you had said yet do not say why? Thank you

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have decided that it is in the best interests of this thread for me to disagree with most of what has been posted so far..... anything @Buka post....doubly so.....simply because I am feeling rather grumpy and disagreeable at the moment.... and he is in Hawaii and I'm not.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never so happily given so many disagrees. Regardless of the intent in your OP, Photon (which I don't actually entirely disagree with, unfortunately), thanks for starting this thread!

Latest Discussions