Did Musashi ever practice Iaido?

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
制定 seitei meaning formal or established..
What i was referring to was 正体 seitai- which can often be heard in physical therapy circles but also in iai.

Unfortunately i was not able to find the material, but i'm quite certain i saw it in that form. I'll keep looking through my stuff to know the exact ryuha that use these terms- quite sure im not mistaken but i'm a little surprised that i could not find anything right away.

j

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A quick search show Seitai (整体) Therapy being started after WWII, so I doubt you'll find anything relating to Koryu, Iai, or similar. It also doesn't seem to be anything to do with any martial arts, save being based on internal energies (ki) and their effects on the body and person. In that it's not definitively related to martial arts either, just based in popular Eastern beliefs systems.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to go the controversial route again (particularly for someone who has some experience in HNIR...), but I really don't think Musashi was that unorthodox.

Exactly. The techniques taught in HNIR's Itto Seiho are high-percentage, simple techniques. There's nothing magical about it, even if mastery takes a lifetime. It's just good, solid swordsmanship and good body mechanics. It teaches you how to cut, how to thrust, how to move, how to parry, etc.

Which is what a swordsman needs to know how to do very well. Hence the lifetime's worth of practice. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

Latest Discussions