Did Karate rotate shoulder (not hip) for punch before Mas Oyama taught it to Karate's Tameshiwari?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Steven Lee, Jan 31, 2019.

1. JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf Grandmaster

Wait for it..... Wait for it...

There it is.. "still singing that same song."
    You don't know what regular karate is.

How is this irregular? It's irregular in the context of your biased beliefs. From what I can tell people here kept telling that there was shoulder rotation. It's difficult to fight someone without rotating the shoulder every now and then.

No such thing.

2. JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf Grandmaster

Says the guy who probably has never taken a karate class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf Grandmaster

Only because you spew it.

Yep that's my right and happiness. I'm not even mad or angry at you. like you said no one has the right to take away my happiness so you'll just have to deal with it .

He was there for only 1 year. There isn't much that students are going to understand with just 1 year of training. For those who have actually taught martial arts classes. One year is not even a drop in the bucket. At year one instructors are still trying to get students to get into proper stances.

4. jobo

jobo Senior Master

Either, you can't go from having velocity in the forward direction to having Velocity in the other direction, with out going through an instant were you have zero velocity, or as it's other wise called, being stopped