Did anyone here had to use Wing-Chun in a RL self-defence situation ?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well he did refer to himself as Thor in another thread.... so might I suggest

537e24571605fb0da90001c3.jpg

Apropos don't you think

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'd like to ask the OP to explain this post from the 'Systema' thread and why he's asking if anyone has used WC to defend themselves.

"I did Wing-Tsun for a while and have been researching on many Wing-Tsun schools and instructors, I also go this far to say that Wing-Tsun is totally BS and not effective at all, nothing there is trained with 100% full power and 100% speed, because 95% of these techniques would not work in a real life situation. I don't know Systema well enough to judge, I only know it out of youtube videos, but I've also seen that they usually just stand there and get beaten by the instructor, all in slowmo nothing in full-speed, no evidence to present the full effectiveness of systema. It looks like Wing-Tsun, just BS."

Maybe we'll get lucky and Johnny English will enlighten us as to what IS truly effective? :D

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
2 dislikes, the one from this thread and the other one.....man, you can't catch a break.

But I still like you Jake...you know...as a friend.
IK, Im on a downward spiral. What gives? I might need to bake some cookies and pass out friendship bracelets? Tough crowd!

Thanks Yak Sao! In times like these, all I really have are my friends. Don't worry, you are on the top of the friendship bracelet list. Yours ships out first!;)

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IK, Im on a downward spiral. What gives? I might need to bake some cookies and pass out friendship bracelets? Tough crowd!

Thanks Yak Sao! In times like these, all I really have are my friends. Don't worry, you are on the top of the friendship bracelet list. Yours ships out first!;)

I wouldn't worry about it, I have a poster who at the moment is disliking/disagreeing with everything I post! If I said the sea is wet he'd dislike or disagree lol.

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it, I have a poster who at the moment is disliking/disagreeing with everything I post! If I said the sea is wet he'd dislike or disagree lol.
I noticed.

I have the perfect plan. It will only work in complete secrecy. We like each other's post no matter what the subject matter is. Then we conspire against those who dislike ours with a barrage of dislikes? No one can know our little secret. Agreed? So carry on like normal.;) Oh wait that's what the PM button is for. Ahh schucks! Lol

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to like the 'thank you' one we had on the site before and with the 'rep' button. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, let's return to the topic of Wing Chun as a self defense tool, shall we?

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Folks, let's return to the topic of Wing Chun as a self defense tool, shall we?

For wing chun to be so direct and to the point, we WC'ers do tend to ramble a bit from time to time

Last edited:

Latest Discussions