DF: Wing Tsun?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Wing Tsun?
By EricD - Thu, 01 May 2008 02:26:14 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

So i've been browsing other martial arts forums and i've noticed some complaints against Wing Tsun. Specifically:

Quote:
Lack of fighting, lack of pressure testing, complete focus on non-martial training.

Claims that you should strengthen your tendons and ligaments to make you fast and muscles slow you down.

Focus on a "trapping" range, which is so transient, you never have time to keep the range, it's like making a car and focusing on how the steering wheel looks and never looking at the engine.

No aliveness.

Forms approach to learning.

Over emphasis on "sensitivity" training, which is pointless."

MOST IMPORTANTLY
Failure to realize that chain punching is ****** arm punches, and their choice in fighting stance gives them no chance to use their hips for power.

It's over all, a ****** martial art, and everything you don't want to train, if you want to learn to fight.
Mind you, this is from ********* Forums, and I don't take those guys seriously in any way, shape or form. But is Wing Tsun really such a bad martial art? I take Deluxe Martial Arts Forum's opinion much more seriously and I'd like to know from people with actual experience if Wing Tsun is such a '******' style?

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Latest Discussions