DF: Which art to Choose!

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Which art to Choose!
By Mr.Sp - Sun, 02 Sep 2007 20:30:28 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Hey I'm new to the forums, but I have a question.
I am going to start gracie Brazilian Jujitsu in the next two weeks. With it I find I also will be able to practice one other martial arts form on mondays and wensdays. So I started looking, first I found an interest in Aikido, but then I watched a few Hapkido sparring sessions and videos online and it seems much more aggressive and I found a larger interest in it due to the mix of an aggressive aikido style and a stronger use of striking.
Then I also have always been a fan of ninjitsu, like any other 20 year old that knows what it is.
I'm also looking into Wingchung. Now that is an amazing art and I also found a real video of someone in a street fight using this Art. It seemed to be very fast and very affective for hand combat.
So at the end of the day I say without a doubt I will choose Brazilian Jujitsu as one art just for the ability to take control of almost any fight and protect my self and subdue my threat by taking it to the ground which is not a very hard thing to do as long as the guy is not 10 times my size, but at the same time I'm sure BJJ will lead the way to ending that threat as well, over time.

I like hapkido more then aikido and if I get into hapkido I wont be interested in doing wing chung for the time being. So all in all I am thinking Brazilian jujitsu and Hapkido, for them being my favorite and also I would probably enjoy them more then the others and I would also be in favor with them in the case of a real fight.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - JMA Feed

Latest Discussions