DF: What type of martial art would suit him?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
What type of martial art would suit him?
By tekande - Sun, 04 May 2008 18:26:56 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Hello. :)

What kind of martial art would suit a very flamboyant man from the Victorian era? He is always a gentleman, has a rather carefree attitude towards life, is very concerned with his looks and is always dressing nice no matter the situation (mostly because he doesn&#8217;t have anything else).

He has traveled all over the planet, and has picked up a lot of &#8220;strange&#8221; ideas from some of his favorite countries. At some point he found a lover in either China or Japan who taught him a martial art style, but he left said lover after few years, so he is far from an expert.

The question is, what kind of martial art would suit a character like that? At first I though about aikido because it would fit him perfectly, but then I found out that it was invented long after the Victorian era, so that wouldn&#8217;t do.

So basically I&#8217;m looking for something that was around doing the Victorian era, is of some use even if you&#8217;re not an expert, and would fit a character like this.

Thanks in advance. :)

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What type of martial art would suit him?
By tekande - Sun, 04 May 2008 18:26:56 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Hello. :)

What kind of martial art would suit a very flamboyant man from the Victorian era? He is always a gentleman, has a rather carefree attitude towards life, is very concerned with his looks and is always dressing nice no matter the situation (mostly because he doesn&#8217;t have anything else).

He has traveled all over the planet, and has picked up a lot of &#8220;strange&#8221; ideas from some of his favorite countries. At some point he found a lover in either China or Japan who taught him a martial art style, but he left said lover after few years, so he is far from an expert.

The question is, what kind of martial art would suit a character like that? At first I though about aikido because it would fit him perfectly, but then I found out that it was invented long after the Victorian era, so that wouldn&#8217;t do.

So basically I&#8217;m looking for something that was around doing the Victorian era, is of some use even if you&#8217;re not an expert, and would fit a character like this.

Thanks in advance. :)

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed
Seems a natural for Bartitsu, actually...

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems a natural for Bartitsu, actually...

He does doesn't he?

If he was taught an art in China or Japan in the 19th century.
Could be any of 100 in China though some were a tiny bit more commercial than others.
In Japan it would probably be jujutsu.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does doesn't he?

If he was taught an art in China or Japan in the 19th century.
Could be any of 100 in China though some were a tiny bit more commercial than others.
In Japan it would probably be jujutsu.
Truthfully...

In Japan, he'd probably be taught "bujutsu" or something similar... Maybe they'd give it as much of a name as jujitsu, but I bet it's just translate out as "our way of fighting." Maybe in China it'd be more structured, but even there I wouldn't be surprised if it still came out to "Shan's way of fighting."

Latest Discussions