DF: Question for Wing Chun students.

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Question for Wing Chun students.
By OpenYourEyes - Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:35:01 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

What if the person attacking you is wearing wrist bands with the sharp spikes? I know nothing about Wing Chun (I'm a boxer) but yeah...It just seems like a lot of wrist grabbing/blocking, and if someone attacked you with those, wouldn't you get DRILLED? Not criticisim, just asking...

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
This would present a problem for any martial artist not just Wing Chun. But as a Wing Chun guy i would be inclined to use my low heel kick to his knee cap or shin then hook kick his outer or inner thigh.

I would then try and move 45 degrees around to his blind side so i only had one spikey arm to deal with then i would pak sau his upper arm (hopefully no spikes there) trapping the arm against his body.
I would then chain punch him about 4 times in the head on the fourth punch i do a stamp kick to the back of his knee breaking his leg. Somethings might change depending on his body position but generally i would attack his legs and then try to get to the blind side You would have to treat him as though he's got two edged weapons stuck on his arms.​

Latest Discussions