DF: 3 Of Us That Knew. It's 1972, and Now.

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
3 Of Us That Knew. It's 1972, and Now.
By MasterKaliSilat - Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:50:32 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

3 Of Us That Knew, Back Then, It's 1972, and now it seems as I recall back then, we had a small group, look from the pool picture at KaliSilat.org. The Sayocs of course knew, but used the material we all shared. '77 it was clear, the Sayocs showed their system, not Pekiti Tirsia, and of course the famed Atienza Kali father, his two sons were there. Pekiti Tirsia was new to the scene and I discovered a coveted secret within it, being how to have it and how to grow. I remember GM Juni Canete saying also, "If we all share the Filipino Arts and Sciences they will continue to grow." He too, knew and the secret was surprising as you too one day will "see".

We know the practice of being in battle is necessary in every practice. As it was to finish your opponent. It incorporates all the ways, styles, systems of training intensely, so you don't die. Both handed practice was vital and many with only one arm/hand left, survived. The skills were simple, you had to study the following: wrestling, breaking, punching, kicking, pressure points, anatomy, physiology, psychology, and philosophy to understand why you practice and for what purpose.

In the ring we create that real situation, we can really get hurt, seriously, even lose a life. Mixed martial arts, as it likens in being what's possible and real in the street, "is as real in the board room too." As Suryadi Jafri would say, "so listen carefully."

Since some stick work is essential in learning to use the speed aspect of our training to your advantange, as well as other elements. And speed comes from the Sinawal, using a concept I now call SinaTirsiaWali. Meaning speed too in a small space, quickly finish, for Kali, Pencak, Wrestling, every art, every sport, every person, can, "have mental, physical, and spiritual development for everyone", Jafri circa 1977.

So you take the one fluid, totally fluid sinawali and spin those sticks so fast your hands began to move in the way to intercept, stop, and finish an opponent. And in this system, everything have to be practiced, and as I think about it only three of the original group in 1972 of the Pekiti Tirsia guys, myself, Master and World Champion Tom Bisio, April 1979, beside Leo Gaje, Jr., our teacher, still really know the system, the bottom line being I stop you, no matter what. so, as one of my most dedicated students will attest to, "stop practicing, or don't practice them all and it goes away. I can't wait to start again, four years and two books later as Steve Shirley, PhD knows.

Imagine, someone challenges your teacher, what you gonna do, Jafri questioned four of us, and the only person I new was ready is Master Warren Brown of the four of us. After the challenge I said, "I don't believe he was trying to kick me?" Billy said, "no he was trying kick you." I don't remember what AK said. What I began to understand is that having the system didn't mean anything if you can't stop me, because I don't share that with you, full out.

You see Grand Master Leo Tortal Gaje, Jr., challenged my comment to him about a week after I met him. He asked me to be the first president of the organization, I said, "no, I'll do what you want, but the first president has a way out, I intend to stay for the rest of my life." So, in every class as a group, I got to face the wall and practice just number one. Over and over and over again. That is what becomes a champion, a champion in and for life, knowing that others mean more to us then ourselves, gives us the ability to share. And you shall receive, ne'cst pa? So, learning as much about other arts is more important then your own, do so and expand. Do well and others, will do well with you.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions