DF: 2 beginner questions...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
2 beginner questions...
By amadeus - Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:22:53 GMT
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Ok for awhile now I've been really interested in training Eskrima but I have a couple problems/questions... My first is relatively simple, what are the different styles of eskrima and what sets them apart?

Secondly... Unfortunately however there seems to no real place around where I live to train. Sure there are a few places that integrate stick fighting into their curriculum but it's minimal and I don't wanna sit thru the other stuff just for 15 minutes of Eskrima a week. (I'd rather spend that time training BJJ or boxing)

Anyway I've been lately considering getting some instructional videos to learn from. I've always been against learning from videos as more than a supplementary to training under an instructor but I think I'm stuck.

Anyway I guess I'm curious as to if anyone thinks this is a worthwhile idea? And also if anyone can recommend and tell me a lil about some novice training DVD's (or even books I guess)? I was considering some of the Dog Brothers stuff but am unsure of where to begin. Help please... Thanks!

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - FMA Feed