Description for this Board?

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
I was under the impression that "Philosophy and Spirituality in the Martial Arts" was a sufficient description for this board, but arnisador seems to think it needs something more. What do you all think?

W

Wmarden

It seems to cover it for me. It does seem to be slow starting up though.

J

J-kid

It dos not mention sport aspect of alot of martial arts?

C

chufeng

JK,

I think 'sportsmanship" may be a suitable topic under this thread...but discussing the "sport" aspects of MA is covered extensively in other threads.

:asian:
chufeng

C

chufeng

What happened to all of the descriptions previously submitted?

:confused:
chufeng

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I meant something like this:

Sports and Entertainment
From Bruce Lee to Jackie Chan to Ricky Steamboat, its here. Chat about movies, TV shows, books, magazines, even gasp, pro-wrestling here.

It's the italicized description I mean. We need that.

I think the other discussions occurred in the General forum before this one was created--someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

J

J-kid

Well like TKD and Judo boxing wrestling etc the aspect of sports in those martial arts.

OP
Zepp

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Originally posted by arnisador
I meant something like this:

Sports and Entertainment
From Bruce Lee to Jackie Chan to Ricky Steamboat, its here. Chat about movies, TV shows, books, magazines, even gasp, pro-wrestling here.

It's the italicized description I mean. We need that.

I think the other discussions occurred in the General forum before this one was created--someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

The other discussions were moved to this forum when it was created. But I guess we never did come up with a concrete description.

Ya know, whatever snappy description we come up with is going to be BS anyways since the forum title is self-descriptive. Why don't you just make something up arnisador and surprise us?

I'll give you something to start with. Use it or change it as you see fit:
Taoism, Buddhism, Martialism, God, Satan, ethics, morality and whatever other beliefs and ideas affect people in their lives as martial artists. It's generally agreed that apathy is a sin, so don't be scared to speak passionately (just be respectful of others).

L

lost_tortoise

How 'bout something like the following:

"From the esoteric to the supernatural, this forum is for the deeper side of combat."

I don't know, I'm at work and can't devote a lot of energy to this, but something like that might be an idea.

Latest Discussions