Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really? You think THAT is a reason to take up diving?

Pool diving is incredibly boring. The only reason for doing pool dives is during basic open water certification when they are required (think of a basic OW cert as similar to the learners permit kids get before they turn 16) or to test gear after it's been serviced. Or maybe if there is NO other water around and you need to get wet just to practice the skills needed for real diving (helicopter turns, back kicks, line drills, valve drills...).

If you knew anything about sharks, you'd know that they're really not an issue for divers.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having a little difficulty seperating reality from fantasy, eh?

I heard Mega Shark prefers to attack from inside a toilet, and was last seen in the Michigan area.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Really? You think THAT is a reason to take up diving?

Pool diving is incredibly boring. The only reason for doing pool dives is during basic open water certification when they are required (think of a basic OW cert as similar to the learners permit kids get before they turn 16) or to test gear after it's been serviced. Or maybe if there is NO other water around and you need to get wet just to practice the skills needed for real diving (helicopter turns, back kicks, line drills, valve drills...).

If you knew anything about sharks, you'd know that they're really not an issue for divers.

Several deep water pools are maintained around the world for instruction in underwater construction and demolition techniques-commercial diving. I've never seen it, but I imagine they'd be good for teaching rescue as well.

Yep, though. Pools.Pretty boring. (Though that one is neat, billi!)

Sharks. Good adrenalin rush, but not much of an issue most of the time.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
There is a flooded Titan ICBM silo near where I live that you can go diving in, it is only three feet less deep than the Nemo 33 facility.

Edit:
looks like someone made a youtube vid. The dive certainly looks alot more interesting....

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Several deep water pools are maintained around the world for instruction in underwater construction and demolition techniques-commercial diving. I've never seen it, but I imagine they'd be good for teaching rescue as well.

Yep, though. Pools.Pretty boring. (Though that one is neat, billi!)

Sharks. Good adrenalin rush, but not much of an issue most of the time.

I did my rescue training in a cave.

Sharks are cool. I've got a video of Sue and I off Playa del Carmen with about a dozen 8-10' Bull Sharks. I've got another of a 6' nurse shark literally kissing my lens.
Sharks are way cool.

Latest Discussions