Death

M

Master of Blades

Not my piece, but a story none the less....

The Meeting, by Robert Scott

"How is it that I send to the market a young man strong and fearless and full of health but yet he returns shaking like a leaf in the wind?"

"Master I am afraid."

"I need no prophet to tell me that."

"Master the martket was full of jostling women and quarrelling servants but in the corner by the sherbet seller I saw one who glared at me, who pointed and nodded and showed his teeth. Master, it was Death who threatened me."

"May Allah keep you safe."

"It is as Allah wills, but, Master, you can help your servant. Lend me your swiftest horse and I will go with my brother in Samarra. Death will not look for me there."

When his servant had left the Merchant went himself to the Market-place, where he saw one standing apart by the Sherbet seller looking over the crowd.

"May Allah send you long life."

"It is as Allah wills."

"This morning my servant came to me saying Death was around. He says you frowned upon him and threatened him."

"Your servant is mistaken. I was astonished to see him here, in a Baghdad market-place, when I have a meetingwith him tonight in Samarra."

A Good story, even if not by myself. Raises a good point though.....You can never cheat DEATH

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, but I have often bribed him with a six pack and a sacrificial virgin to give me a couple more weeks... he seems ok with that most of the time...

OP
M

Master of Blades

Hmmmm.......Good idea, just that 6-pack's are so hard to find around here these days!! :rolleyes:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think that you ever cheat death. It's either your time or it's not. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
The very idea of cheating death is frightening. Think about it, you cheat death, death gets even.......

Yeah... I believe that was the Movie "Final Destination"

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
The very idea of cheating death is frightening. Think about it, you cheat death, death gets even.......

And here I thought that was the story of my ex-wife.:eek:

Latest Discussions