Death to Bill Movie

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by pknox
God NJ stinks! WE get no beer, $7 popcorn, and stale $5 soda - oh, and the movies are almost $10 now too. :(

There's a drive-in here that has $7 car load coupons for a double feature of first run movies. That's $7 for my fiancee and I to see two first run movies, and a little window foggin' bonus during the intermission. :D

OP
TallAdam85

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
yep cliff hanger ending lots of fights with swords in it lots of blood part where in black and white and lucy luc when they show her history it is in cartoon and sick people see the movie please tell me if you feel it is as warped as i feel it is lol

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings
.. in advance. Seeing it at the Alamo Drafthouse here in Austin, where they serve beer & food during the movie (every other row was removed and tables put in.)

Really looking forward to the gratuatous violence by sexy women, while drinking beer ... and on the premier night! :cheers:

-Michael

Do people get rowdy and shoot the ceiling with hand cannons at all the exciting bits? :D :rofl: ;)

Ian.

M

Master of Blades

Its supposed to be warped and disturbing. Have you NEVER seena Tarantino movie before :p

P

pknox

Originally posted by satans.barber
Do people get rowdy and shoot the ceiling with hand cannons at all the exciting bits? :D :rofl: ;)

Ian.

Translating for the yanks, "hand cannons" would be pistols, y'all. ;)

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Saw the 4:30 showing ($4- early AND cheap)
My take on the movie: Stylish, good visuals, weak story, only two major fights, not enough Lucy Liu.
Best part: the fight between The Bride and Gogo.
Favorite "little thing" - the name of the cereal (I remember that!).
Worst part: not enough Lucy Liu.
Most annoying thing: Tarantino's love of jumping back and forth in time.
What would have helped the movie: more Lucy Liu.
Good to see again: Sonny Chiba and Gordon Liu (the Master Killer).
Best Laugh (our theater): When the projecter jammed, melted the film frame, and we all thought it was one of Tarantino's goofy effects.
Saddest thing: not enough Lucy Liu.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't know Lucy Lui was in the movie! Well that seals it for me, as she is one of my weaknesses. I would pay $9 to watch her brush her teeth for an hour.

I think they cut the Tooth Brushing scene .... Sorry dude!

P

pknox

:rofl:

I'll still go though...I'll be the one screaming "Sweet!" everytime she pops up on the screen.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
I'm sensing a certain "theme" in your review... :D
Busted. Seeing her in the movies makes me wish I'd watched that lawyer chick show (what was it called... Molly McButter I think). :D

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Randy Strausbaugh
Busted. Seeing her in the movies makes me wish I'd watched that lawyer chick show (what was it called... Molly McButter I think). :D

Ugh no! Even Lucy couldn't make that crap watchable!

Ian.

Attachments

• $angels09.jpg
    $angels09.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 193

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
I went to see the movie today...*G..I liked it...Darryl hannah looked gumby-ish..her face was stretched out

the fight scenes were good for being choregraphed, but i enjoyed them. and The fight between Lucy and Uma could have been much better and longer.

I didn't care for the anime..I thot it took something out of the film...JMO

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT

Here is the script to the film... dunno if it contains both or the first part... but ... for those who just can't STAND IT... ta darm

http://www.baader-kirchofer.net/tarantino/movie/killbill/script/killbillscript.htm

Likewise a different kind of spoiler... a movie review which breaks down the Violence, profanity, sex, drinking, blood/gore, weapons, disrespectful attitudes and etc.
A good site for concerned parents when their kids ask to go see a particular movie...also covers music and videos.

http://www.screenit.com/movies/2003/kill_bill_vol1.html

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
The second site is helpful--we often wonder if a movie is OK for our 9 y.o. daughter.

Glad to help. Way I see it you can still read and get the gist of the movie and decide if it falls under yours and your wife's set of values you wish to impress upon your daughter. Something sadly that a lot of parents aren't doing too well.. some but not all.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kill Bill is awesome, I actually have seen it twice!

Arnisador,

It is a graphic movie. I agree with MACaver that it should be your family's call but the blood and gore is high though not murderous like a slasher movie nor meant to scare like a horror movie, just plain graphic like its language.

There is not any sex or nudity but there is a un-nerving scene with a medical pimp/rapist named "Buck".

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What rating's it got in the States?

In Britain it's been given an 18, and they've only handed like 4 of those out to cinema releases this year, so it must be pretty gory.

Doesn't come out here until Friday, so I'll go watch it at teh weekend I guess,

Ian.