Death to Bill Movie

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I seen some previews for these move just wonder any one know what it is about?

Looks like hot chicks and martial arts well see this for sure.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like Kill Bill. If this is the movie you're talking about, the website is here.

Hot babes (Lucy Liu!) and martial arts. Directed by Quentin Tarantino. Sounds like the fall's guilty pleasure. Opens Oct. 10.

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to it, I think it's going to be great :)

Uma Thurman, Lucy Liu, Swords...how can it NOT rock!?

It's been split into two films (or 'volumes' in this case) now as well, because it was getting too long for one, same as Matrix 2 and 3.

Details, as ever, at IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266697/

Ian.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't know it had been split into two! Was it one film they were unable to edit down to length, or did they shoot a significant amount of new material for Volume II?

P

pknox

I knew about Uma and old Dave, but I didn't know Lucy Lui was in the movie! Well that seals it for me, as she is one of my weaknesses. I would pay $9 to watch her brush her teeth for an hour. :D

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
I didn't know it had been split into two! Was it one film they were unable to edit down to length, or did they shoot a significant amount of new material for Volume II?

I honestly don't know for certain...I think probably the former. The studio didn't want it too long and Tarantino didn't want it too edited, hence a split.

Of course, cynics among us (including myself) might argue that it's simply a bid to double revenue, but then again, what Tarantino film needs a hand with that...

Ian.

p.s. wallpaper to be had here, Lucy fans (although I've gone with the sword for now, bet a psychiatrist would have a field day with that... :D )

http://www.kill-bill.com/downloads.html

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
From what I heard, Tarantino kept writing and filming new scenes as he went, and they finally decided to split it into two films. I also heard that the second might be released either one or three months after the first.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chock full of fine ladies it is. There's Daryl Hanna, Lucy as mentioned, Vivica A. Fox (yum, yum), of course the star Uma.

On the yang side of this yin is "old Dave", Sonny Chiba of '70s fame, bad *** Samule L., and Micheal Jai White (Spawn himself).

You just can't beat a movie that tributes great martial arts films of the past. Anyone notice the Bruce/Savate style jump suit Uma wears when she battles the army of suit wearing attackers that look suprisingly like Kato. How many Bruce referances can you fit into one scene.

P

pknox

Samuel L. Jackson is in it too? Quite a cast. Now I'll definitely be checking it out. Opens Friday if I'm correct.

Oh, and that asian chick in a catholic school girl uniform has nothing to do with it, I swear. ;)

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TallAdam85
going to see a sneak preview of kill bill tonight I will let you know how it is

Color me jealous. I'll be in TX all weekend training with Rita Suwanda and probly won't get to see it untill next week.

OP
TallAdam85

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Color me jealous. I'll be in TX all weekend training with Rita Suwanda and probly won't get to see it untill next week.
well depends The movie was lots of gore lots of people loseing lims so you may like it but I thought it was kinda sick

P

pknox

Hey TallAdam -

Did it leave a big cliffhanger that set it up for the second part, or did it seem like it would stand on its own?

And how'd my girl Lucy do... :ultracool

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
.. in advance. Seeing it at the Alamo Drafthouse here in Austin, where they serve beer & food during the movie (every other row was removed and tables put in.)

Really looking forward to the gratuatous violence by sexy women, while drinking beer ... and on the premier night! :cheers:

-Michael

P

pknox

Originally posted by Michael Billings
.. in advance. Seeing it at the Alamo Drafthouse here in Austin, where they serve beer & food during the movie (every other row was removed and tables put in.)

Really looking forward to the gratuatous violence by sexy women, while drinking beer ... and on the premier night! :cheers:

-Michael

I guess Texas is pretty cool after all. :cool:

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings

-Michael

Sounds like the Cedar Lee in Coventry near downtown Cleveland. Beer and stoggies, but no tables. Usually the place place indies, foreign and cult films, but occationally they play a mainstream film if it has a pre-release cult following.

P

pknox

God NJ stinks! WE get no beer, $7 popcorn, and stale $5 soda - oh, and the movies are almost $10 now too. :(

Latest Discussions