Dear Mr Roley

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
gmunoz said:
Bob,

What have I said since Sunday that includes me in this list? Please check your records and retract your statements concerning me... I have intentionally not responded publicly to the statements made in these forums since my return. Again, please check your records of my public posts...

He could very well be referring to past practice of the mentioned people.

Mike

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Stuff that should be handled by email has been posted on a public forum. wow.
Mods battling mods. bashing of long distance instruction. Bujinkan vs Toshindo.

I love you guys.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm including comments made in the numerous reports that have been sent in, etc. by all parties. But you are right, your public statements that I recall have been fine, and the private ones were the tamest of the batch, I think.

The point here is, the 3 of you are like fire and gas. The explosive combination when you are all beating each other up, is distracting at best, and damaging at worst. I think the constant flaming is turning folks away, and it has to stop. You all care, else you wouldn't fight so hard, but please, think about what it looks like to the outsiders?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shogun said:
Stuff that should be handled by email has been posted on a public forum. wow.
Mods battling mods. bashing of long distance instruction. Bujinkan vs Toshindo.

I love you guys.
Not quite. I don't believe mods are arguing with mods here.

but still "Stuff that should be handled by email has been posted on a public forum. "
Yeah...that sums it up I think. :(

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone needs to drop this.

Its getting old, boring and stupid... and others need to quit fanning the flames.

If I have to go to Seig and ask him to come down with an iron boot I will... and I will ask him to make it extra iron-y on toast, because as easygoing as I am, Im tired of everyone's behavior.

Piece of advice to you all... if you wanna fight... go do it in the Dojo.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i have only presented what i know to be truth and facts. if that offends some...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
i have only presented what i know to be truth and facts. if that offends some...
The facts have been refuted, you just refuse to see either them or seek additional information.

As to Truth....
Not knowing how close the truth is,
we seek it far away
--what a pity!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod. Note.

Thread Split Per Request.

-TECHNOPUNK
-MT Moderator-

Inferno

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Okay, first of all. Let it be known that I haven't read the whole thread as I can probably imagine it's bickering and some off topic posts. So before I go wander off topic with something I'd like to say my opinion, as a new member to MartialTalk and a beginner of Martial Arts.

On "my" thread Don Roley wasn't as encouraging as I would have expected. But he did ask the right questions. He questioned whether my interest in Ninjutsu was "a holdover from an adolesecent fantasy", which in itself sounds somewhat harsh. He meant it as helpful critisism though. If I didn't consider that fact, I may get into it and find that it really wasn't for me and I wasted time and money.

I admit Don Roley doesn't seem to be the friendliest person on the board (from what I have seen anyway) but he's someone I'd definatly look up to for advice. Call me crazy.

Anyway, I can see both sides of the argument. Some people don't respond well to helpful constructive critisism, and that's alright, thats why there are different teaching methods, he's just doign what he seems to be best at.

So anyway, if you've read this far, you're probably sick of my opinion.

Adieu.

P.S. Any errors in spelling, grammar, tact, or fact are transmission errors.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Inferno said:
On "my" thread Don Roley wasn't as encouraging as I would have expected. But he did ask the right questions. He questioned whether my interest in Ninjutsu was "a holdover from an adolesecent fantasy", which in itself sounds somewhat harsh. He meant it as helpful critisism though. If I didn't consider that fact, I may get into it and find that it really wasn't for me and I wasted time and money.

1) I admit Don Roley doesn't seem to be the friendliest person on the board (from what I have seen anyway) but he's someone I'd definatly look up to for advice. Call me crazy.

Anyway, I can see both sides of the argument. Some people don't respond well to helpful constructive critisism, and that's alright, thats why there are different teaching methods, he's just doign what he seems to be best at…………

1)[font=&quot] [/font]I have spoken to Don face to face over a few beers as well as by telephone and have always found him to be a pretty friendly guy. We see eye to eye on many things….maybe it’s because we both live and train in Japan.
Training in Japan is obviously different and does open your eyes and mind to another way of looking at your art….for better or worse.
One of the first things people notice about training here is that you don’t really get that “warm and fuzzy” atmosphere like you would in dojo in other countries. People are pretty serious….You will rarely find any “dojo daycare”, “shopping mall” dojo or things of this nature. By and large dojo are run like the military….usually fairly serious, folks don’t spend a whole lot of time on “PC” ways to explain things. On the other hand people that train are friendly and if you have been in the dojo long enough you are treated like family and not just in the “friendly” sense of the word but like a real relative.

Just my two yen worth.........

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
2 - He responded based on what he saw, and what he thought would help. The approach was a bit more direct and blunt than most of us are used to. Welcome to the wonderful world of "Culture Shock". I honestly believe that 90% of American martial artists would fail (prosibly myself included) if confronted with traditional training. But hell, boot camp isn't for everyone either.
You've got to be kidding us!!!!!!!! Well, you did leave 10% of use poor Americans.

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Moderator Note.
Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level.

Please review our sniping policy. http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314 Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

-Technopunk
-MT Moderator-
Before we go looking at this link, it there now a written paragraph defining what is considered a "Martial Talk Sniping Policy" ? If not, just write one for us and stop sending us on these wild-goose-chases. Thanx.

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Enson said:
we both know that is a bunch of lies! don and all mods are a direct reflection of martial talk! (thats what the mod charter refers to anyway) why all of the sudden does his post sound so innocent. don's agendas are very obvious. he hates everything that steps outside of his box. its nice that you came to his rescue. his unrepented attitude is making all mods look bad. but i know for a fact that no action will be done against him. becoming a mod makes you and untouchable as i have seen from experience. so he will go one insulting and nothing will be done about it. sorry limeydog, satt, shiro, wasabi, ralph, gmunoz, genin andrew, and all the others he has ran off or attempted to run off this board. now that is an example all should follow!:rolleyes:

peace
Now how long did it take you to figure this one out? Told everyone this 2 weeks after I came here. It is obvious - is it not?

yariman

White Belt
Reaction score
sojobow said:
Before we go looking at this link, it there now a written paragraph defining what is considered a "Martial Talk Sniping Policy" ? If not, just write one for us and stop sending us on these wild-goose-chases. Thanx.
Reading this too hard? It is at the bottom of the site. Last post by SEIG.
Terms and Conditions

yariman

White Belt
Reaction score
It ovbiously is. Coward! "[You really think you know something don't you newbie?]"
cabeza de la mierda.

I know martial arts not "rewind", "Pause" and "return before friday". I very much quite obviously know more than you. hahaha

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note.
Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level.

Please review our sniping policy. http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314 Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

-Technopunk
-MT Moderator-

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
yariman said:
cabeza de la mierda.
your spanish tense is off. but if you are saying what i think you're trying to say... then you are trying to cuss in spanish.:eek: and there is no such thing as "acojonado".

yariman

White Belt
Reaction score
Speak to the foot.

Usted tiene un pene minúsculo.
Cómo usted debe odiarse.
Su cerebro es incluso más minúsculo.
Su nacimiento era obviamente castigo del dios.
Sympathise I con su familia en su deshonra.
¿Quizás usted debe considerar suicidio?
es la única manera honorable encontrar el rescate.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
your spanish tense is off. but if you are saying what i think you're trying to say... then you are trying to cuss in spanish.:eek: and there is no such thing as "acojonado".
Babelfish translates it as "put the wind up" :confused:

Latest Discussions