dear liberals....

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://sufficient-reason.tumblr.com/post/26781491317/dear-liberal-heres-why-im-so-hostile

Lately, I must admit that my hostility towards your political ilk has ramped up, pretty dramatically. No, it’s not because we, at this point in my life, have a half-black president in the White House, and I’m some closet racist who is becoming increasingly frustrated at the prospects of the White Man’s power slipping through my fingers. I know that thought keeps you warm at night, but I can assure you that it is a comfortable fiction of which you should probably divest yourself.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If your collectivism offends me, I am not free to start my own free society within its borders. In order for collectivism to work, everyone must be on board, even those who oppose it — why do you think there was a Berlin Wall?
To keep those dirty capitalists from soaking up all the worker's paradise, duh...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you’re moderately intelligent and intellectually honest, you’ll quickly see what separates the rights laid out in the real Bill of Rights from those laid out in FDR’s misguided list — none of the rights listed above require the time, treasure, or talents of another human being. Your right to speak requires nothing from anyone else. Your right to practice your religion requires nothing from any of your fellow citizens. Your right to bear arms means that you are allowed to possess weapons to defend yourself and your family, but it makes no demand that a weapon be provided to you by anyone. A true human right is one that you possess, even if you’re the only person on the entire planet — and it is unconditional.
FDR’s list is no “Bill of Rights”. It’s a list of demands. If I have a right to a job, doesn’t that mean that one must be provided to me? If I have a right to adequate food, clothing, and recreation, doesn’t that mean that I am entitled to those things, and someone should provide them to me? If I have an inherent right to a decent home, once again, doesn’t that mean it should be provided to me, regardless of my ability to afford one or build one for myself?

That's been my beef with the "Its a right" argument. Who provides it? Who pays for it? Who is forced to offer it? The "I have a right to a living wage" argument is offset by the question "Who suffers so that you get your wage?". I strongly disagree that food, water, medical care, shelter, a job, that any of that is a 'Right'. If I have a loaf of bread and you have none, must I be mandated to share? If I have water and you have none must I be forced to offer you some? While I'll agree that it would probably be the proper thing to do, ie share, why should I be forced to do anything?

I will always argue for peoples rights, but a right doesn't require someone else to provide it. I have a right to be free, but you do not have the mandate to free me. I have the right to survive, but you are not obligated upon pain of penalty to help me. Much of what FDR tried to do was ruled Unconstitutional, and while the so called 'liberals' (misrenamed progressives' idolize him, Constitutionalists see him in a quite different light. His list of demands is a path to slavery.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tgace, this is a great piece of writing...enjoyed it immensely...thanks for posting it...

The fact is, you can rail against my conservatism all you wish. You can make fun of my Tea Party gatherings, and you can ridicule patriots in tri-corner hats until you wet yourself from mirth, but one thing is for certain: my political philosophy will NEVER be a threat to your freedom. If you feel a burning responsibility to the poor, conservatism will never prevent you from working 80 hours per week and donating all of your income to charity. If you feel a strong sense of pity for a family who cannot afford health insurance, my political philosophy will never prevent you from purchasing health insurance for this family or raising money to do so, if you cannot afford it, personally. If you are moved with compassion for a family who is homeless, a conservative will never use the police power of government to prevent you from taking that family in to your own home or mobilizing your community to build one for them.

However, you cannot say the same for liberalism. If I choose not to give to the poor for whatever reason, you won’t simply try to persuade me on the merits of the idea — you will seek to use the government as an instrument of plunder to force me to give to the poor. If we are walking down the street together and we spot a homeless person, using this logic, you would not simply be content with giving him $20 from your own pocket — you would hold a gun to my head and force me to give him $20, as well.

Everything that modern liberalism accomplishes is accomplished at the barrel of a government rifle.

Keep in mind as well the idea that Conservatives think liberals are wrong...Liberals think Conservatives are evil.
If you watch the language used by both sides, especially on hot issues...you will see that ease that the left, at all levels use language against conservatives and Tea Party members is becoming more and more antagonistic and hate filled...from obama on down...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Years and Years and Years ago, a guy wrote a video game that looked at these concepts. Ultima 4 looked at the idea of becoming a perfect being. It blended ideas from many cultures and faiths and came up with this at 8 key things to strive for:

• Honesty is respect for Truth
  • Compassion is Love of others
  • Valor is Courage to stand up against risks
  • Justice is Truth, tempered by Love
  • Sacrifice is Courage to give oneself in name of Love
  • Honor is Courage to seek and uphold the Truth
  • Spirituality is to seek Truth, Love and Courage from one's own self and the world around
  • Humility is the opposite of Pride - the absence of Truth, Love or Courage
http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Virtues

Ok Bob....what's this have to do with Liberals?

Well, in the sequel, Garriott said "Hmm...what happens when one takes things to the extreme?"

He came up with these twisted ideas:

In Ultima V, Lord Blackthorn, the tyrant who ruled in Lord British's absence, codified the Britannian Virtues into a set of draconian laws, known as Lord Blackthorn's Code of Virtue, and Blackthorn's Eight Laws of Virtue.
Virtue Law
Honesty Thou shalt not lie, or thou shalt lose thy tongue.
Compassion Thou shalt help those in need, or thou shalt suffer the same need.
Valor Thou shalt fight to the death if challenged, or thou shalt be banished as a coward.
Justice Thou shalt confess to thy crime and suffer its just punishment, or thou shalt be put to death.
Sacrifice Thou shalt donate half of thy income to charity, or thou shalt have no income.
Honor If thou dost lose thine own honor, thou shalt take thine own life.
Spirituality Thou shalt enforce the laws of virtue, or thou shalt die as a heretic.
Humility Thou shalt humble thyself to thy superiors, or thou shalt suffer their wrath.
Blackthorn's Code is a good illustration of the fact that the Virtues always come from one's own self rather than the norms of society; codifying ethics into law does not automatically make evil people good. Further, unethical lawmakers can take the Virtues and turn them into something that is quite contrary to what Virtues actually stand for.

Liberals will look at some of those and think "Nothing wrong there." The idea that I must be forced to give up part of my labor to the causes they think are just fits the twisted views of Compassion and Sacrifice above.

Sadly, some Conservatives will also look at some of those and have the same "Nothing wrong here" thought.

But today we have a Liberal Anti-Gun Senator stating there's nothing wrong with the NSA's spying on citizens, while several other Liberal Congress critters see nothing wrong with demanding I patronize certain industries or face arbitrary fines and penalties. Liberalism is a slow march to slavery, a march I have no intent on taking. Those who would give up Freedom, do not deserve it. Fence off one of the square states and mandate all liberals move there, live in community housing, eat at community cafeterias, work at assigned jobs, and community farms, and do a ride share. They can build big walls to keep them contained, and let those who believe in responsibility, free enterprise, and free choice. I myself can't wait to see what their poets union local 1 comes up with. :D

Latest Discussions