Dealing with local traffic issue..opinions

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OK here's the story,
the city made 2 traffic circles on a small 2 lane street. The street looks like this:
4way light................0.......0__Dirt road______
Adjacet to the dirt road is the back side of a high school. Signs posted to yeild to traffic inside both circles.
My issue is people basically parking in the circles to let their kids off for school and kids walking thru the circles and down the street 4 across and not on the very wide winding sidewalks.

Should I call the city who built the thing or the sheriff who enforces trafic law?
This was supposed to be "traffic calming", looks to me like real shortly is gonna be accident city. We've already seen people using the circles as a mini race track.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I guess it is a matter for the police...squished high school kids don't look good on their reports.

OP
MaxiMe

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I guess it is a matter for the police...squished high school kids don't look good on their reports.
Or the JR high kids that are headed to the other side of the light.
Guess it's time to call Andy and see if he'll send out Barney with his 1 bullit.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nah, Ernest T comes prepared with pretty rocks from the mountains.

OP
MaxiMe

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Nah, Ernest T comes prepared with pretty rocks from the mountains.
Well Andy is gonna let all the guys know and see if they can't start "nailing" some people.
I wonder if Ernest will share a little of that shine he's got in his back pocket? :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well Andy is gonna let all the guys know and see if they can't start "nailing" some people.
I wonder if Ernest will share a little of that shine he's got in his back pocket? :)

That's Otis, silly, and he does not share.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
We had something similiar happen. Two traffic circles were installed in a road that they really didn't belong in. People sped through them, sometimes causing accidents. People called the police for enforcement and then the city to complain about the circles themselves. A couple of months later, the circles were removed.

OP
MaxiMe

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
We had something similiar happen. Two traffic circles were installed in a road that they really didn't belong in. People sped through them, sometimes causing accidents. People called the police for enforcement and then the city to complain about the circles themselves. A couple of months later, the circles were removed.
I wish, They can't get a firetruck through it's so narrow without driving over the little circle island in the middle.
Just hope the call to the desk sarg does some good for now.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wish, They can't get a firetruck through it's so narrow without driving over the little circle island in the middle.
Just hope the call to the desk sarg does some good for now.

ah, city planners....ought to be tared and feathered and run out of town!

Latest Discussions