DayLight Savings

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep.. it's that time of year again ~!

Remember if you are in a location that adheres to DLS to turn your clocks ahead before you go to bed Saturday~!

Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United States at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of April. Time reverts to standard time at 2 a.m. on the last Sunday of October. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1 am Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It starts the last Sunday in March, and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment.

More Info here for the curious :)
All about DST

2fisted

Has anyone wondered why they don't just abolish DST and just give us more sun? :D

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We don't have it, but the state is considering changing that. I wish they would--it's more of a pain being out-of-sync than you might think.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
We don't have it, but the state is considering changing that. I wish they would--it's more of a pain being out-of-sync than you might think.
Yes, working with a compnay from your current state, causes us scheduling issues. Half the year it is at one time and then the other half it is not. You find yourself saying Detroit time or Kokomo time, and some people are just really confused who do not understand that the state does not follow DSL.

R

RCastillo

I hear those IKKO folks in Arizona don't change, they stay the same.(I wonder why..............?) :idunno:

R

RCastillo

cali_tkdbruin said:
I look forward to the extra daylight, especially here in Southern Cali... :asian:

Yes, I can see you now, in the early morning doing forms as day breaks. You are a hero! :uhyeah:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
DST was always a pain when I was running long haul. If I picked up a load on the east coast and had to deliver in Chicago I was automatically an hour behind and had to bust rear end to get there. Get loaded with x amount of time to get there (from the shippers point of view) and I lost an hour since my log book was on DST. It should certainly be an all or nothing thing.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
DST was always a pain when I was running long haul. If I picked up a load on the east coast and had to deliver in Chicago I was automatically an hour behind and had to bust rear end to get there. Get loaded with x amount of time to get there (from the shippers point of view) and I lost an hour since my log book was on DST. It should certainly be an all or nothing thing.
Or in this day and age of technology to recognize that you are traveling over time zones. That sucks that you get the short end of the stick because their system cannot handle this time shift. :idunno:

Latest Discussions