Dave Mustaine, WTF Goodwill Ambassador

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That is cool. When I saw the headline of the thread I wasn't sure in what context "WTF" was being used.

Symphony of limb destruction!

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
That rocks :) (all puns in ten did)

Dave used to (still is?) be an ATA member, I'm not sure if he ever got into the WTF or if they just gave him the ambassador thing, but it's great seeing him still. He did mention in another article how he had done TKD.

(reprinted here, I do not have the original link, but credits are in place).

Megadeth will perform at Olympic Hall, Olympic Park in southern Seoul on Oct. 28.

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia
Staff Reporter

Legendary thrash metal band Megadeth might have undergone some line-up changes in recent years, but founder and frontman Dave Mustaine promises to give another energetic, memorable concert experience in Seoul Oct. 28.

``Even the critics agree that this is the best Megadeth. The old guys were all great, but this is a different band with a new energy. … For people who have never seen Megadeth before, this will be a positive, and fresh experience,'' he told The Korea Times, in a telephone interview.

The new Megadeth line-up includes guitarist Glen Drover, Glen's brother Shawn Drover on drums, and bassist James LoMenzo. Mustaine had originally formed Megadeth after leaving Metallica in 1983, but the band has undergone several changes throughout the years. The band is one of the pioneers of American thrash metal music.

Mustaine said the band will be playing for an hour and a half in Seoul, with a repertoire of old and new songs. ``We assure fans that they're not going to walk away without their money's worth,'' he said.

Megadeth is experiencing a resurgence in popularity, with the release of their new album ``United Abominations.'' The album has received critical acclaim, even being compared to Megadeth's most popular album to date ``Countdown to Extinction.'' It includes politically charged songs that touch on topics like 9/11 and Afghanistan.

When asked about Megadeth's secret to its longevity, Mustaine attributed this to being truthful to his fans. ``My secret is being honest with my fans. I have problems with lying. I hate being lied to. … What I always say is under-promise and over-deliver. We will deliver a great performance. We're going to be on fire. Trust me when I say that. We're going to let the music speak for itself,'' Mustaine said.

Mustaine actually knows a bit about Korean culture, thanks to Taekwondo. ``I studied Taekwondo and I had to write an essay on Korean culture. So I wrote about kimchi. I love kimchi,'' he said.

Mustaine has mellowed down through the years. When The Korea Times called him up, he said he was ``cleaning up in the kitchen'' at his home in California. He said he was very happy with his married and home life now.

``I can see myself making music for the rest of my life. But performing with Megadeth? I'm going to know when it stops. I thought it was approaching a few years ago. … I see the end is coming but it's not here yet,'' he said.

Megadeth will perform at the Olympic Hall, Olympic Park Oct. 28. Tickets for the concert are 88,000 won and 66,000 won. For information, visit ticket.interpark.com (Korean only). No English reservation service available. Tickets will be available on sale at the venue on the day of the concert.

[email protected]

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Check this out. I don't know if Zakk Wylde studies a martial art, but he needs to be named Goodwill Ambassador of something.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, Dave Mustaine, the guy who's still crying that he got kicked out of Metallica, is representing a major martial arts organization. o......k

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dave does what Dave does and it's awesome. Did you guys see the Arrsenal Of Megadeth DVD? There's a scene in there where he's in a blue gi doing a Kata.

Also I remember a story from a bunch of years ago about how some dudes hassled Marty and he delt with them most crisply. Personally, I would never be the dumb-*** to mess with Dave.

Latest Discussions