Damaged middle knuckle.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not surprised you were bored if you sitting around an empty house....they not have pubs or cinemas or anything in your area?

I don't drink and we had no money. The nearest movie theatre is in the next town. The condemned house is usually a place where many people hang out. Will probably stay that way until it is demolished.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't drink and we had no money. The nearest movie theatre is in the next town. The condemned house is usually a place where many people hang out. Will probably stay that way until it is demolished.
You don't have to drink alcohol to go to a pub. I've never touched a drop all my life but I still go to pubs and hang out from time to time that's why they also serve soft drinks

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I had a similar experience when I accidentally kicked a table leg with my pinky toe. It's likely not a fracture - those are usually muscle strains. I suggest wrapping it up.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation.
I injured my shoulder in college, and spent a decent amount of time with the athletic trainer until I could complete...we talked a bit about RICE.

He explained to me that he uses it since there is nothing better, but that it isn't as effective as people think. His issue was with the ice part of it (the word not the last 3 letters), and that there are some suggestions that icing it, while providing immediate relief, slows down the nerves actual healing/mending process.

my 5-second google fu came up with this 'sort of' meta-analysis, which at least sheds doubt about the effectiveness of RICE.

What Is the Evidence for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation Therapy in the Treatment of Ankle Sprains in Adults?

Sports Medicine Research: In the Lab & In the Field: Re-evaluating RICE for Ankle Sprains (Sports Med Res)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I injured my shoulder in college, and spent a decent amount of time with the athletic trainer until I could complete...we talked a bit about RICE.

He explained to me that he uses it since there is nothing better, but that it isn't as effective as people think. His issue was with the ice part of it (the word not the last 3 letters), and that there are some suggestions that icing it, while providing immediate relief, slows down the nerves actual healing/mending process.

my 5-second google fu came up with this 'sort of' meta-analysis, which at least sheds doubt about the effectiveness of RICE.

What Is the Evidence for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation Therapy in the Treatment of Ankle Sprains in Adults?

Sports Medicine Research: In the Lab & In the Field: Re-evaluating RICE for Ankle Sprains (Sports Med Res)
The first link is the actual article, the second link is a summary of it.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're how old? No answer needed -- but the injury and the description of why is pretty damn juvenile.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So me and some of my friends were hanging out at some condemned house, I thought it would be fun to punch holes in the wall. So I I did and they joined in but unfortunately for me I hit a metal stud behind the wall and for the past 2 some weeks it's been hurting and has only felt a little better over time.

I'd rather not go to the hospital because I been there a lot already and they just sigh when they see me. It hurts when I punch with my right hand and it's only above the middle knuckle. Is there anything I can do treat it so it heals faster?
Despite my reply to drop bear, also going to recommend RICE. You should also go to the ER, you should go anytime you hit rusty metal just to be safe (tetanus).

Outside of that, I want to check something. You go to a condemned house, which likely means its not that stable. You then realize there's nothing to do in that house, so you decide to punch the walls (of the unstable house you are currently standing in), breaking down its foundation. You hit a metal stud, have your hand hurt for 2 weeks, and still don't want to get it checked out, simply because your in the hospital a lot. I'm noticing some logical issues in just about every sentence there. Do you not notice them, or do you see them and just not care about them? If it's the first, then listen to the other posters. If it's the second, continue doing what you're doing.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Despite my reply to drop bear, also going to recommend RICE. You should also go to the ER, you should go anytime you hit rusty metal just to be safe (tetanus).

Outside of that, I want to check something. You go to a condemned house, which likely means its not that stable. You then realize there's nothing to do in that house, so you decide to punch the walls (of the unstable house you are currently standing in), breaking down its foundation. You hit a metal stud, have your hand hurt for 2 weeks, and still don't want to get it checked out, simply because your in the hospital a lot. I'm noticing some logical issues in just about every sentence there. Do you not notice them, or do you see them and just not care about them? If it's the first, then listen to the other posters. If it's the second, continue doing what you're doing.

You are asking me to explain to you how stupid makes any sense or logic. It doesn't, that is why it is stupid.

This was a stupid thing to do and I know that now. At the time however I wasn't thinking about any of that.

GreatUniter

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
But it will never heal if you don't stop punching. I learned the hard way not to punch when there is knuckle swelling or knuckle pain. :D

Hanshi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
See a doctor! I injured my middle knuckle a few decades back during a test. I knew something was wrong; just didn't know what. I went to see a doctor the following week and was informed the middle bone in my hand was broken.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So me and some of my friends were hanging out at some condemned house, I thought it would be fun to punch holes in the wall. So I I did and they joined in but unfortunately for me I hit a metal stud behind the wall and for the past 2 some weeks it's been hurting and has only felt a little better over time.

I'd rather not go to the hospital because I been there a lot already and they just sigh when they see me. It hurts when I punch with my right hand and it's only above the middle knuckle. Is there anything I can do treat it so it heals faster?

i have a large,scar on the palm of my right hand, where I decieded to punch a hole in a plate glass window , i was 15 and not fully aware of the equal and opposite force thing or indeed that i could have lost the use of my hand, i make a decision there and then not to punch inanimate objects, unless they were hanging on a rope and didn't involve glass

Latest Discussions