Daito Ryu Sensei in NJ?

P

pknox

Has anyone ever heard of a Sensei J. Conti from Dunellen, NJ? He teaches Daito-Ryu, Shorin No Tora Karate, and Iaijutsu, Kenjutsu, and Kobujutsu at the "NJ Aikikai and Budokan" according to his website at www.njaikikai.com.

I have an opportunity to study with him, and was wondering if anyone had any info to share.

Thanks!

Pete Knox

Robert Carver

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Roy A. Goldberg

Yon Mokuroku, Yamabushi Jujutsu, Okuiri in Miyama-ryu Jujutsu, 2nd dan Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu-Kodokai. B. A. Physical Therapy. Registered physical therapist in private practice. Appears in Who's Who in Martial Arts Elite. Mr. Roy Goldberg, 3117 Buhre Ave. , Bronx, NY 10461 USA (212)822-2281.

One very serious individual. Be prepared for lots of pain.

OP
S

Shinzu

that is a very well put together site with impressive videos. good luck! i would train with him!!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I watched the videos for gun and knife defense and saw that he stopped at all the proper points to explain the finer points of the move instead of just beating the hell out of uke. That's a bonus.

OP
P

pknox

Sorry to come back into this thread so late, but I had some computer-related glitches...

Originally posted by Shinzu
yeah he is good!

By "he" do you mean Conti or Goldberg?

old_sempai: Do you have experience training with this Sensei?

OP
P

pknox

Originally posted by arnisador
Did you train with him?

No. I was trying to find out info because I have the opportunity to do so.

old_sempai

Green Belt
Reaction score
New Jersey, way in the woods with 2 dogs, one pass
I have attended seminars with Mr Conti, and it was many, many moons ago in the 1980's. I didn't work with directly with Mr Conti, but know others that had came away satisfied with his skills.

I also attended a seminar with Mr Goldberg, and his teacher, Kiyama and came away so impressed that within 6 weeks I sponsered a seminar with Mr Goldberg at another location.

Hope this answers your questions.