Daddy VS Giant Spider

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bowl? Bowl? Does this man not own a sledge hammer? Look at the SIZE of that thing!

This is the correct tool for removing a large spider.

_78799_145955.jpg

You mulch the little beauty.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I had a chance to put birdspiders on my hand (they are not native here). They are very lovely!
Like MA-caver said, they only attack when threatened. And even then, the sting is not that bad, unless it is in your eyeball or something. :)

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bowl? Bowl? Does this man not own a sledge hammer? Look at the SIZE of that thing!

I rarely agree with Don, but this is one of those time. :)
If God had wanted those spiders to live, he would have not given us the 'squash them' reflex.

I generally use a glass to capture and then remove spiders offending my wife. A monstrosity like the above would have me frantically searching for something big enough to flatten it with, preferably from some distance.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw one of these puppies up close in the sea life center.
One of them came to the edge of the basin, stuck out one of its legs and tried to touch us.

Despite the knowledge it couldn't reach us if we didn't want to, I really felt like pulping it with a bat or blowing it to pulp with a double barreled shotgun, 'doom' style.

JapaneseSpiderCrab_004.jpg

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw one of these puppies up close in the sea life center.
One of them came to the edge of the basin, stuck out one of its legs and tried to touch us.

Despite the knowledge it couldn't reach us if we didn't want to, I really felt like pulping it with a bat or blowing it to pulp with a double barreled shotgun, 'doom' style.

JapaneseSpiderCrab_004.jpg

I simply cannot fathom that reaction to animals. As a child I was never frightened of snakes, spiders, bats, worms, growling dogs...anything.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
See now, I am with Jenny here, I just think the little guys are gorgeous... very pretty markings on the legs of the little guy in the first video. How could anyone ever want to hurt something like that? Have none of you had little sisters who are easily tormented simply by leading them up to such wondrous creatures? Hours of fun....

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
I simply cannot fathom that reaction to animals. As a child I was never frightened of snakes, spiders, bats, worms, growling dogs...anything.

You misunderstand. I am not frightened by huge spiders. I just get an urge to pulp them. :) Perhaps this comes from playing too much doom :)

Normal size spiders I don't care about. Until my girlfriend (now wife) started staying over, there were several in my bedroom (it's a matter of priorities :D) as well as a couple hundred lady bugs that decided they liked my bedroom (the attic). all those lil' beasties did was to eat smaller things, and I was happy enough to let them.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This morning, while in the bath, I felt something on my neck. It was a small spider. I only hollered a little bit, and threw it across the bathroom. Unfortunately, the little SOB had already bitten me, so now I have a red, itchy bump under my jaw. Grrrr.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You misunderstand. I am not frightened by huge spiders. I just get an urge to pulp them. :) Perhaps this comes from playing too much doom :)

Normal size spiders I don't care about. Until my girlfriend (now wife) started staying over, there were several in my bedroom (it's a matter of priorities :D) as well as a couple hundred lady bugs that decided they liked my bedroom (the attic). all those lil' beasties did was to eat smaller things, and I was happy enough to let them.

How about this for a "normal sized spider" which by the way is relative. Normal sized to you mgiht mean gigantic to someone else.

This bugger ... I'd been outta the bathroom before anyone could scream.
<shudder>

Attachments

• $spider paper.jpg
    $spider paper.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 162

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I HAVE to stay away from this thread! :barf:

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I HAVE to stay away from this thread! :barf:
Face your fear face your fear... *giggles*... yeah, I doan't lak no spiders neither yet for all their ugly creepiness they're downright useful critters... useful or not... they need to stay away frum me.

Latest Discussions