Daddy VS Giant Spider

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Okay this is probably more aligned with Comedy but knowing how some folks have a terrible fear of spiders I put it here...
[yt]bRV4d9LCawU&[/yt]

Love it how his "faithful assistant" dropped the camera and got the hell outta dodge. :lol: So did Bowl Foot Daddy! :lfao:

Daddy? Where is the Spider??

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I told you not to play with spiders!!

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
(shudder).
That was funny. To be honest, i just checked under my comp desk LOL
He positioned his ladder waaay to close, no escape route lol..

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bowl? Bowl? Does this man not own a sledge hammer? Look at the SIZE of that thing!

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bowl? Bowl? Does this man not own a sledge hammer? Look at the SIZE of that thing!
There are some folks who abhor killing things... even the creepy crawlies so this guy obviously wanted to capture it and toss it back outside where it belongs.
Yeah it was fricken huge, I'd use a broom or something. But I wonder if that species is dangerous to humans... they're all poisonous but some aren't to humans. Even a big mutha like that one might not be dangerous to humans. Even if the guy got bit, he'd probably just swell up and get real sick but might not die from it.

Understanding the things we fear the most helps minimize the fear.

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
The bowl technique doesn't work for jumping spiders. A better approach is to lightly toss a towel up against the surface where the spider is, while holding the corner. The spider will jump and cling to the fabric, and as the towel falls toward the ground you flip it so the spider is underneath. You then gather the twoel up, take it outside, and shake it out. Easy peasy. :)

Getting wild animals out of one's house is a lot easier than most people realize. It doesn't have to end in drama. For instance, when I was doing research in the desert at night, I would leave the door to my hovel open to cool the interior. There was a skunk that would come inside and shack out on a regular basis. It was no big deal to shoo it outside by walking around it, outside the zone where it would feel threatened enough to spray.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The bowl technique doesn't work for jumping spiders. A better approach is to lightly toss a towel up against the surface where the spider is, while holding the corner. The spider will jump and cling to the fabric, and as the towel falls toward the ground you flip it so the spider is underneath. You then gather the twoel up, take it outside, and shake it out. Easy peasy. :)

Getting wild animals out of one's house is a lot easier than most people realize. It doesn't have to end in drama. For instance, when I was doing research in the desert at night, I would leave the door to my hovel open to cool the interior. There was a skunk that would come inside and shack out on a regular basis. It was no big deal to shoo it outside by walking around it, outside the zone where it would feel threatened enough to spray.
Very good... as long as the animal/insect/bird/fish/reptile doesn't feel threatened it'll pretty much leave you well enough alone. What get people bit, sprayed, stung, etc. is the panic they have upon seeing it and run/scream/pound/throw things/charge it/whatever! The animal not knowing what this larger creature is about to do to it or it's intentions (and does it really CARE?) is going to do whatever nature designed it to do to defend itself. Granted the dynamics change when it's a predator. You ACT/LOOK/SMELL like prey... you gonna BE prey. OR if you're invading THEIR space (out in the woods, in their waters, etc.) then they gonna react pretty much the same way you would.
I was out camping with a group and we sat around the fire... a skunk came wandering into our camp... everyone scattered except me who sat there as it nosed around looking for ... food. Seeing there was none, even going as far as sniffing my boot it wandered back off again.
We obviously don't want critters in our homes but hey remember... THEY were there FIRST! So who is invading whom?

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty calm around most animals, as long as they're not trying to kill me. However, I will admit that I've levitated into a tree to escape a territorial feral hog, and I've run faster than Carl Lewis getting away from a forest elephant intent on turning me into strawberry jam.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Caver! Why was this not in comedy section! I laughed my asrse off!!! And Don you are on a roll! Bwahahahahah! I loved the little girl, " Be carefull Daddy, Eeeeeekkkkkk! runlikehelll" priceless.
Thanks

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Caver! Why was this not in comedy section! I laughed my asrse off!!! And Don you are on a roll! Bwahahahahah! I loved the little girl, " Be carefull Daddy, Eeeeeekkkkkk! runlikehelll" priceless.
Thanks
Admittedly I wanted this in the comedy but realizing that some folks are terrified of spiders, I mean really scared. This would've classified as a horror film to some. :idunno: Mods can move it if they want.
But yeah I laughed as well.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Spiders! Ack! If that thing got into my house, I'd move. If it was indigenous (sp?) to the area, I'd move out of state. <shudder> The teeny tarantulas get here in Texas are bad enough. I'm sure the clip is funny, but I can't bring myself to watch it.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just worked up the nerve to watch it, with my missus hovering over my shoulder. She chortled mightily ... I checked for the nearest katana to hand :lol:. Catch it in a bowl my eye ... {slice, chop, mince} :lol:.

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
I really like spiders. And snakes. :)

Attachments

• $Picture 204.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 180
  • $Picture 201.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 197

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well Jen, it's hard to cuddle up on bed with a snake to keep your feet warm. Not like a fluffy Sham-Wow poodle or the big Golden Monster but then they don't snore, fart or bury bones under your pillows either.
lori

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't keep spiders or snakes for pets. I just like to see them in nature. I took those pics when I was on my last field season in west Texas. The rattlesnake kept getting into one of my collared peccary traps, attracted by the birds which were feeding on the bait corn I had scattered around. I had to move him out twice, and the third time I took him very far away! He was pretty mellow, so I nicknamed him "Sleepy".

I have a dog, too. She is a Queensland Blue Heeler, and her name is Pinguina. She is the smartest, most beautiful dog in the world.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a dog, too. She is a Queensland Blue Heeler, and her name is Pinguina. She is the smartest, most beautiful dog in the world.

I like snakes, can't stand spiders. Fortunately, my husband has no fear of spiders, though he freaks at the sight of a reptile. Complementary skills. I used to have a half Blue Heeler, half black Labrador. She was great. Heelers are fantastic dogs--I would love to have a purebred one.

Latest Discussions