D&D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So a recent thread reminded me that a couple other people on here play D&D. I've heard (have not used any of them) that there are ways to play D&D online through webcam/voicechat stuff. Would anybody here be interested in forming a long-distance group? And if anyone's done that before, would they be able to explain how it's done? I imagine it would just be all linking up on skype or something, and trusting that people don't fudge their rolls.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I tried to play by post back in the 90s. I still play with a group regularly, but I never did like the long distance thing. Good luck to you. With Skype and such, I bet you’ll have a good time.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my available D&D time is already committed to the group I’m playing with now.

For long distance I guess you could either do some sort of video chat like Skype or else do it all through text chat. Tactical combat could be a little trickier, but you could get around it with some extra emphasis on the storytelling.

I think I remember hearing about some dedicated programs or websites for playing RPGs remotely but I can’t recall details right now.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a group that plays once a week. The distance between players is several hours, and sometimes people can't/don't want to drive. When someone wants to play remote, we use Discord for the audo/visual stuff. We use roll20 for map displays. So we could actually play without any two people being in the same building.

Latest Discussions