Cyborg charged for assault

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you decide you are going to hit someone because of what they said...then you also have to accept the consequences of those actions.
Agreed. Honestly it's very worrying how many people are saying she was right to do it...not just here but all over the Internet.

I've heard one comment saying "oh they're fighters what do you expect" umm well maybe for them to act like adults and professionals and not drag the sport down. Especially cyborg who's a known steroid cheat

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I should hope, in general at least, in a place like this full of life long MAists, it would be generally frowned upon to use your skill to assault people over words spoken.

I personally find such actions dishonorable.
I'm not a zen martial artist. For things like this honor could be hitting someone in the face for disrespecting you. Honor is not a legal matter. If I went up to my Sifu and talked disrespectfully to him and got in his face, and as a result he punched me in my face, then a person can say that my Sifu did the honorable action. Even though both of the situations are the same. One person punching another for talking smack.

The best thing is to understand human nature and accept it.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Most TMA clubs have something within their rules that means this sort of behaviour gets you kicked out of the club. Does that ever happen in MMA, or will they all high five her when she goes back training?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Most TMA clubs have something within their rules that means this sort of behaviour gets you kicked out of the club. Does that ever happen in MMA, or will they all high five her when she goes back training?
Could be either or neither of those options. As with TMA, it depends.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Adults act like that all the time and they are professionals. I don't know why this is so shocking to you.
Not shocked simply saying it's dumb and that she's in the wrong and should be charged for it

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not shocked simply saying it's dumb and that she's in the wrong and should be charged for it
I'm glad she's being charged as well. I'm all about consequences. I don't young people think that punching someone like that can be done without a cost. It's good lessons on both ends of the conflict. I'm sure one will use more caution when mouthing off and the may use more restraint depending on what she gets as a punishment.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
TMAs don't know how to fight anyway...lol. But seriously TMA often practice restraint so that they aren't crippling their fellow classmates. Many of the TMA are full of people who don't want to fight, so it's a different breed of people that we are comparing.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
TMAs don't know how to fight anyway...lol. But seriously TMA often practice restraint so that they aren't crippling their fellow classmates. Many of the TMA are full of people who don't want to fight, so it's a different breed of people that we are comparing.
Was comparing the culture within the two tbh.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've met a lot of a-hole TMA guys in my life. Culture can be broken in any school, in my experience. Depends a lot on the school owner/head instructor. Where the head goes, so goes the body.

Sounds like you've made up your mind, though. :rolleyes:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Efficacy of the training is beside the point here, in my opinion.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
The different types of style means nothing. You're either a good person who doesn't do stupid stuff like that or you're an idiot who gets into fights. You can have both in mma or traditional styles

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've met a lot of a-hole TMA guys in my life. Culture can be broken in any school, in my experience. Depends a lot on the school owner/head instructor. Where the head goes, so goes the body.

Sounds like you've made up your mind, though. :rolleyes:
Don't have an opinion, as I don't know, that's why I'm asking people who do. Plenty of a-holes too n TMA yes, but like I say in TMA there is usually a rules saying you are only allowed to use your skills to protect people etc etc

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The different types of style means nothing. You're either a good person who doesn't do stupid stuff like that or you're an idiot who gets into fights. You can have both in mma or traditional styles
You can yes absolutely, but usually if you do it in a TMA club you get kick out, just wanted to know if that happens in MMA as well, as we has a local MMA fighter get charged with assault for beating someone up in the street, and his club let him keep training and teaching.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can yes absolutely, but usually if you do it in a TMA club you get kick out, just wanted to know if that happens in MMA as well, as we has a local MMA fighter get charged with assault for beating someone up in the street, and his club let him keep training and teaching.
That's more of a myth than anything. I've been in loads of clubs where people have gotten in fights and nothing happens. I mean most times the instructor won't even find out.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Don't have an opinion, as I don't know, that's why I'm asking people who do. Plenty of a-holes too n TMA yes, but like I say in TMA there is usually a rules saying you are only allowed to use your skills to protect people etc etc
And you were given the answer from people who know, but are still going on about it, which leads me to believe you weren't asking a question in good faith.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Efficacy of the training is beside the point here, in my opinion.
It's not the training. It's the type of people that are attracted to TMA vs the type of people who are attracted to UFC.

Latest Discussions