Current pandemic vs Past ones

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You direction is unbecoming. This thing is worldwide and it is quite easy to derive the same stats you mention about almost any country, including yours.
Just not cool at all.
ive no idea what your talking about ? which stats are those, the ones were i said how many us citizens were uninsured, i can gaurentee that doesnt apply in my country

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ive no idea what your talking about ? which stats are those, the ones were i said how many us citizens were uninsured, i can gaurentee that doesnt apply in my country
Your media stats. I think you know this.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
people are discussing " after" the problem is there is 7nlikely to be an after, at least until there is a vaccine, and that at least a year away or it mutates to become less harmful

the maths are, if no one does anything, then it will effect the whole population of the world in circa 60 days, China did a great deal in the early days but all that did is reset the clock, till it got in to the general population elsewhere, then the 60 days started again.

as soon as the controls and shut downs are taken away, if there a single case remaining in the whole world, the 60 days starts again't and the controls need to return

as such it's difficult to know what the end game is, other than they have time to improve screening and improve care facilities. or they just say sod it and let it run its course, they can't shut the world down for 12 months or we will all starve

my sister has reported the panic buying has now extended to cat litter, clearly the cats are socially isolating as well

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clearly the cats are socially isolating as well

Cats always socially isolate, they must be really annoyed their servants are home all day with them!
Just back from shopping at our local supermarket, they have an hour where the elderly and vulnerable can shop, they'd kept a whole load of basics for us in the café area, toilet rolls, eggs, bread potatoes, canned food, pasta, washing products, bleach etc. In and out in 20 minutes with enough to keep us going. I'm expecting the government letter today to say we must officially isolate, we've been 'distancing' but think we are being 'upgraded' to 'don't go out'

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cats always socially isolate, they must be really annoyed their servants are home all day with them!
Just back from shopping at our local supermarket, they have an hour where the elderly and vulnerable can shop, they'd kept a whole load of basics for us in the café area, toilet rolls, eggs, bread potatoes, canned food, pasta, washing products, bleach etc. In and out in 20 minutes with enough to keep us going. I'm expecting the government letter today to say we must officially isolate, we've been 'distancing' but think we are being 'upgraded' to 'don't go out'

A lot of the shops in our area are doing this, too. I think it's a great idea.
There's also a place in LA that is selling "Emergency Taco Kits" that consist of five pounds of roasted chicken, five pounds of carne asada, a pint of red salsa, a pint of green salsa, tortillas, onions, cilantro, rice, beans, 30 eggs and 4 rolls of toilet paper.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
90033983_2998027306920125_8550603991627595776_n.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

We keep our carry guns in fast access safes on the bedside tables. They make a quiet beep when the buttons are pushed. I regularly hear this at night. It's Lucy, one of our cats. Trying to get a gun. Clearly, she has murder in mind.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can freeze milk, and eggs for that matter, though the shells break
That's true - I've never actually tried, but I wonder if it would separate when frozen and thawed. I suspect you can't freeze it in the gallon plastic jug without risking it splitting, but they could get around that.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markets here are doing the same thing, usually the first hour they're open. It's a great idea, and gets them in when the store is likely at its most sanitary.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the shops in our area are doing this, too. I think it's a great idea.
There's also a place in LA that is selling "Emergency Taco Kits" that consist of five pounds of roasted chicken, five pounds of carne asada, a pint of red salsa, a pint of green salsa, tortillas, onions, cilantro, rice, beans, 30 eggs and 4 rolls of toilet paper.
Man, that is one "cradle to grave" taco package.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's true - I've never actually tried, but I wonder if it would separate when frozen and thawed. I suspect you can't freeze it in the gallon plastic jug without risking it splitting, but they could get around that.
NO the plastic container is more than robust enough to stretch a bit and there a little air room anyway and its just like milk when thawed, give it a shake`

eggs dont fair as well, but you can still make scrambled eggs with them

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO the plastic container is more than robust enough to stretch a bit and there a little air room anyway and its just like milk when thawed, give it a shake`

eggs dont fair as well, but you can still make scrambled eggs with them

I've frozen milk before in the container, it's fine, as Jobo says just give it a shake.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
no ive not given any media stats or even said anything about the us media
Then you willingly made up your own numbers and conclusions. Frankly, I am not which is worse.
I am stopping here.
I pray you and yours are safe and healthy.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Common sense says to go ahead and crack the eggs and put them in a freezer bag. I suppose you could do the same with milk but a more solid container would be easier.
I have not tried it but surely the plastic gallon containers would crack.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then you willingly made up your own numbers and conclusions. Frankly, I am not which is worse.
I am stopping here.
I pray you and yours are safe and healthy.
.are you having an embolism ? i haven't posted any stats about the US media, therefore i have absolutely no idea what your talking about

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.are you having an embolism ? i haven't posted any stats about the US media, therefore i have absolutely no idea what your talking about

I don't believe that any stats about the media came up from any posts, I don't think the media was even mentioned. There was some questions about how many Americans were covered by health insurance, the numbers were questioned as either being more or less than the actual number but nothing about media stats.

Latest Discussions