CSI and martial arts CEOs...

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the recent CSI episode where these corporate executives trained together in martial arts to inspire unity and competition at work? Has anyone heard of or seen that type of thing in real life??? It sounded interesting. (except for the guy getting his head sliced off, oh and the other guy getting killed by a poolstick) Anyway, let me know if you have heard of this type of thing. Thanks in advance.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I heard about people joining martial arts to kick their bosses in the head. pretty common.
A lot of companies do have a gym inside the company and managers intentionally invite workers to work out with them to talk about business in a more friendly setting and to promote a "healthy environment"
a lot of computer companies do that

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satt said:
Did anyone catch the recent CSI episode where these corporate executives trained together in martial arts to inspire unity and competition at work? Has anyone heard of or seen that type of thing in real life??? It sounded interesting. (except for the guy getting his head sliced off, oh and the other guy getting killed by a poolstick) Anyway, let me know if you have heard of this type of thing. Thanks in advance.

No, but there are DFSS (* Design For Six Sigma - desiging for high quality *) classes where you earn your Green / Red and then Black Belts.

Imagine me in a group of a bunch of Engineer nerd types (* Yes I am one of them *) and someone mentions so and so just got his black belt so I go to congratulate hime and ask what art. He looks at me like I have a third head, and shows the diploma for DFSS. I just smile and walk away.

The Team building exercise would be nice to hear about though

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Imagine me in a group of a bunch of Engineer nerd types (* Yes I am one of them *) and someone mentions so and so just got his black belt so I go to congratulate hime and ask what art. He looks at me like I have a third head, and shows the diploma for DFSS. I just smile and walk away.
Peace out (a la Kip Dynamite)

Wild Bill

Green Belt
Reaction score
What about the one dude who had his hands surgically altered with bone from other parts of his body? Is that even remotely possible?

OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wild Bill said:
What about the one dude who had his hands surgically altered with bone from other parts of his body? Is that even remotely possible?
Yeah, that was awesome.That gives me some neat engineering ideas...

:borg:

I think I am gonna google that real quick...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Oh, this is classic! I could se it happening to me!

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's not so far from a reality. I used to run a paintball field a few years back and we always had private groups come in to do just that as described. We even had that Detroit Red Wings come around to get a team builder day. Martial arts is another great aspect of getting solidarity in the work place.