crying dragon

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
You're both right.

Negative begets negative...so we should be careful in our actions (written or otherwise.)

However, there are exceptions to everything...and I think this is one.

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that this fellow is a danger to the public? It's almost criminal NOT to say something about it, perhaps in hopes that someone may do their homework on the guy and find this thread and avoid getting an appendage cut off!

It's one thing to debate the strengths and weaknesses of different styles, organizations, or schools.... it's completely another to remain silent when you recognize an obvious fake is endangering the lives of those too ingnorant to know better.

Beyond the obvious dangers, he's instilling false confidence in his students and when the day comes that they may have to rely on the ....skills.... he has taught them... it will be a very rude awakening for the student. I just hope they survive the encounter in good enough shape to learn from it.

If his desire to teach is so great, then he should take the time to learn.

There it is. +1 Do I think I'm going to make a difference, him being one man among thousands and my voice one among millions? YES! Damn right I do. :D
lori

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess that would have me ask: why are the members of this site so interested in him? He's no longer part of this community. He may well be a buffoon, but why does it matter to the members of this community?

Actually, FWIW, if memory serves me correctly, this thread was started in the first place because this "Ninja Grandmaster", long after leaving MT behind, started up a blog on his page about what meanies everyone on the interwebs were, specifically here at martialtalk, because we didnt bow and scrape to his purchased Mastership and Self Proclaimed Soke title.

Personally, if you are (not you, a person) gonna whine and cry and do somthing like that, you have to expect to take a few shots to the virtual face, as far as Im concerned.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, FWIW, if memory serves me correctly, this thread was started in the first place because this "Ninja Grandmaster", long after leaving MT behind, started up a blog on his page about what meanies everyone on the interwebs were, specifically here at martialtalk, because we didnt bow and scrape to his purchased Mastership and Self Proclaimed Soke title.

Personally, if you are (not you, a person) gonna whine and cry and do somthing like that, you have to expect to take a few shots to the virtual face, as far as Im concerned.

OK, well there's a little perspective and more to the story. Thanks for that.

How many people who jumped on the bandwagon here were even aware of this? I certainly wasn't. If it was discussed in the early posts, I missed it or don't remember it. I'll go back and review.

edit: OK, I went back and saw the link. I dont' think I had actually read thru that before, and he does specifically mention Martialtalk, among others.

Seems he did bring this onto himself. I can understand the responses to it here.

unless he has an ongoing commentary on his site tho, maybe it's time to move on here as well. Just suggesting...

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
What's funny to some of us isn't always going to be so for others.... and there does need to be some mutual understanding of that on both sides.

As much fun as this klown Soke is, and as deserving he is of condemnation for his antics and Internet postings, it just isn't worth it if it causes infighting here. I'm damned if I'm going to get into more fights with reputable MAists here over this jerk.... so I'm heading to other threads.

Latest Discussions