crying dragon

Decker

Green Belt
Reaction score
(huge image not included)[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
Cutting A Cucumber off The Carotid Artery On Sempai Christine.
[/FONT]
3rd pic from bottom of the Events 2009 ("New This Year" link on the Events page) page. Not good...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone notice his grip on that SLO? (Sword like object)

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone notice his grip on that SLO? (Sword like object)

It does look like they were playing softball Bob. Look at the background.

I don't know which scares me more: the fact that he is doing this, that he posted the pic, or that she is the schools Sempai. I guess that they all must be heavily practiced in the art of Eat-fu. Because, dang, they are all huge at that place.

I am not bashing overweight people, I am just making a funny.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Perfect example of how do you know when you've found a mcdojo.

No respected organization should allow this person to be involved in any way shape or form.

This photo simply shows the process of Natural Selection at work.

Please all: SSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Do not disturb them. Let nature take its course.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah yes. Let's hope that everyone who drives or walks by his studio has the good sense to visit MartialTalk's Horror Stories section to verify he's the real deal.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What? We're not as widely read as the Wall Street Journal? Well, we must fix that! I'm going to insist that some piece of upcoming legislation includes a bailout for MT so we can provide homepage locked netbooks to karate moms. :)

Stuey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The good Soke chops up potatoes on the sidewalk to show off his mad skills.. the locals don`t seem too impressed tho.

http://www.goldendragondojo.com/files/april2009openhouse/MOV05023.MPG

http://www.goldendragondojo.com/events2009.html

Is it me or does that white belt (students white belt) look as though its fresh out of the pack? Its unfortunate that there is a huge market in entertaining weak minded people, no, dominating them in the name of making them great. How does one get a green faced white belt to hold out their hand for stuff like that? Thats just control over the weak minded.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
It isn't only the students.... one of the instructors is a ni dan now, but was only an orange belt a year or two ago.

Their site is, unintentionally, the best MA comedy site going.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ya know, I don't have any connection to this guy whatsoever, and I don't care spit about him or anything he's pushing. If he's really cutting cucumbers off people's necks, that' sounds pretty stupid to me.

That being said, could someone please explain something to me? I thought MT is a site that has a non-fraudbusting and courteous environment. Why is this thread somehow exempt from that? Why do we have a thread dedicated to the ridicule of this man?

Thanks.

Stuey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ya know, I don't have any connection to this guy whatsoever, and I don't care spit about him or anything he's pushing. If he's really cutting cucumbers off people's necks, that' sounds pretty stupid to me.

That being said, could someone please explain something to me? I thought MT is a site that has a non-fraudbusting and courteous environment. Why is this thread somehow exempt from that? Why do we have a thread dedicated to the ridicule of this man?

Thanks.

Knoble thoughs, but the intention is lost. I havent been here long, but you can look on just about any subforum here and see a post about 'is this MA effective in the modern day street'. This just brings it all to the fore really. I was never taught to laugh at others, but in the vids n pics I have seen, I saw some stupid stuff, and there are people out there to take advantage of those that are gullible. It seems fitting that there should be some exposure, although it still feels too wrong to laugh because some poor suckers got pulled right in.

OP
Cirdan

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can`t really fraudbust Soke Calkins.. I mean it couldn`t be any clearer if his sign said "Golden Wannabe Videogame Bad Guy Club".

He puts this stuff up himself, I just reserve my right to a good laugh.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attention Users:
"'Horror Stories' are both the sad and the funny. Like the "Darwin Awards", you will both laugh and be shocked by some of these. Tales of training gone awry, and instructors gone bad."
The 'Horror Stories' section is reserved for tales such as this. The post currently does not violate fraudbusting rules. Please review the related rules here. Particularly sections: 1.10.3 and 4.16

1.10.3 No Individual Bashing / Fraud Busting.

It is not our mission to out and expose frauds or decide who "sucks". Such discussions rarely lead anywhere other than to headaches, and lawsuits.

4.16 Official Policy on “Fraud” Busting and Credential Verification.

4.16.1 Fraud Busting

Due to its nature, this forum encourages the asking and answering of questions. Many times one member will have questions and concerns about the history, skills, lineage, or paperwork of another member. In other cases, things may be stated on a webpage, flyer or article relating to a member that raises some questions. Sometimes, comments will have been made elsewhere and those issues carried over to MartialTalk.

MartialTalk and its staff encourage the polite and professional search for knowledge. Questions and concerns may be brought up, with the understanding that the other party is under no requirement to answer.

Most questions may be raised within the forums dedicated to a particular art or area of interest. For example, Kenpo Lineage questions in the Kenpo forum, are fine. Others of a more serious note, are to be limited to the “The Great Debate” forum.

Excessive “Inquisitor-style" questioning is not allowed and will be subject to administrative action. If you have had to ask a question more than 3 times, you are most likely running the risk of “excessive’.

In addition, “Hot Pursuit” actions will not be tolerated. The “Hot Pursuit” is defined as asking the same or similar questions in multiple threads and / or forums.

Members who become ‘obsessed”, ‘inquisitors’ or ‘interrogators’ will be subject to administrative action. Members who are involved in excessive arguments that disrupt the forum, may be subject to administrative action due to the disruption of the normal operation of this forum

4.16.4 Fraud Reports
MartialTalk has an existing fraud busting policy. It's intent is to avoid site disruptions, juvenile games, and mud fests. Members may report on verifiable cases of fraud and criminal behavior in the Horror Stories section. All content must comply to our existing policy rules.

Please keep the discussion to the safety and choice of training and demonstration methods.

Thank you
Craig Mills
MartialTalk Senior Moderator