Crossside - Armbar

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

MT is a forum for "Friendly Discussion" of the Martial Arts. Please refrain from any comments that could be construed as a personal attack or sniping of another member. The subject at hand is a crosside - Armbar, not who can make a nastier comment.

That being said:

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful. Please feel free to use the ignore feature to ignore the comments of those you disagree with. It can be found in each members profile.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Lisa Deneka
MT Assist. Admin.

Rebiu

<B>Banned</B>
Reaction score
Oooh what fun! :rolleyes: Andrew is kind enough to take the time to post up some moves for us to have a look at and it turns into a "who I've trained with" thread! Now these moves may or may not work but getting a fit of the 'condescending twats' isn't very nice!
Tut tut :rolleyes: personal attacks not allowed. I was asked for this information BTW.

Rebiu, it would be far more impressive if this list of fighters named you as the person they trained with! It would also be impressive if you could play the game and post some viable alternatives instead of a bland 'it don't work'. If your knowledge is superior to ours, show us some good moves in good faith.
I am not trying to impress anyone. I have posted alternatives on this thread. I never said my knowledge was superior to anyones. I simple commented on the thread topic, unlike you. Your thread has nothing to do with the topic.

I can play the name game too, I train with Ian 'The Machine' Freeman and Leigh Remedious (who has a very good instructional DVD out) and Micheal Bisping started fighting on our shows. Yeah and my daughter knows the Dubai Royal Family so there.......:uhyeah:
Sure buddy, Ian Freeman and Leigh remedious, very impressive. Lets get back to technique now.

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here is what i think you need to get your hip driving into the person on the ground so when you step across you have him rotated over onto his side so none of his weapons can attack you. Than as he reaches for that foot you can easily transition to get your hooks in full mount or you can finish the arm bar with torso rotation.

That won't work why? Because you are on the ground with your butt an to stable an not able to control him. Rotate him to his side(left in picture).

That is a viable technique i have seen Bj Penn use that very set of movements. It may not look exactly but it does turnout the same way. Right arm control, with knees off the ground step over the head while pressing the other person into the mat.

Tell me, have you seen this or am i misinterpreting the technique?

Keep practicing what i have seen so far is you keep leaving out the forward pressure into you opponent. Looks nice but to easily evaded by the guy on ground just shrimping hips away than kneeing you as you tried to lean an follow him. This is just my personal opinion. I hope it help an not cause you any hard feeling. I do believe it takes guts to put out questions like these an camera an knowledge of how to post pic's.

Just because some people on here are not trying to help does not mean that is not a viable technique you just need some changes. Very slight change.

Good luck an nice to see someone is trying to develop there practice an knowledge on a thread. I hope what i posted helped you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tut tut :rolleyes: personal attacks not allowed. I was asked for this information BTW.

I am not trying to impress anyone. I have posted alternatives on this thread. I never said my knowledge was superior to anyones. I simple commented on the thread topic, unlike you. Your thread has nothing to do with the topic.

Sure buddy, Ian Freeman and Leigh remedious, very impressive. Lets get back to technique now.

Hey, it's impressive when you're a middle aged woman ROFL! :uhyeah: :uhyeah:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A little thread necro, I know, but the set up posted in the OP will work, but I don't know about the finish. Leaning back with a compromised base will likely get the top person reversed, and as other have said it's unlikely he will have the range of motion to put sufficient pressure on the elbow to force a tap.

Were it me, I'd do one of two things from here. Either use the arm as a set up for a head/arm choke on the far side prior to swinging my leg over (in other words, using the trapped arm as a feint). Or to finish the arm bar, drive in to turn the bottom guy on his side facing slightly away, keep pressure on his shoulder to stay tight and drop back for a traditional armbar. You can also finish that without dropping back by driving him up to his side and going "knee on face" which is a bit of a dick maneuver but guaranteed to generate a reaction.

Latest Discussions