Crocodile's Curse A New Illegal Drug

Discussion in 'The Study' started by MA-Caver, Jun 21, 2011.

1. MA-Caver

MA-Caver Sr. Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Fan
    • MartialTalk Mentor
    Just when you think that illicit drugs couldn't get any worse beyond angel dust, crack/cocaine, heroin, now comes the next step, Krokodil. Cheaper and easier to make. It not just kills it disfigures the survivors and causes permanent brain damage.

Shouldn't be too long before it starts entering the states.

2. Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    ...Gives new meaning to the term crocodile tears. I don't think it will really catch on in the US. Its not like I can step out my door and buy Heroine where I live; but, it is available to those in the know. I just don't see it being used by the general public.
    Sean

3. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Master of Arts

If there's money to be made off it, it will be sold in NA.

4. granfire

granfire Sr. Grandmaster

Makes meth look like smoking a bong....

5. Touch Of Death

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Not really. A guy made some meth with some of my stainless steel black oxide mix from work. The first guy to try it ended up in a coma, and the guy that stole my mix ended up floating face down in the Spokane river. I can see safer versions being made of the crock, but don't go thinking meth is safe.:)
    Sean

6. granfire

granfire Sr. Grandmaster

Hell no, that ***** ain't safe...but that kroc....yiekes...and all for a one hour high?!

7. cdunn

cdunn 2nd Black Belt

Americans invented it (desomorphine) in the 30's, it seems. They used to sell it as an operative analgesic in a few European countries, didn't use it here because of the addiction potential. Also, I wonder how much of the health problem is the bottom grade industrial chemicals being used - a proper distillation includes things like palladium based catalysts, and is a pretty ugly procedure.

8. Empty Hands

Empty Hands Senior Master

I would be willing to bet that the "rotting" effect, assuming it's even real as described, is due to the methods of cooking and production and not the drug itself. The drug itself, desomorphine, is synthesized and prescribed for medical use, and needless to say it doesn't rot anyone. From the article, the codeine is mixed with "gasoline, paint thinner, hydrochloric acid, iodine and red phosphorous, which they scrape from the striking pads on matchboxes." I would bet you anything that the effects seen are from those substances, and not the drug itself.

9. MA-Caver

MA-Caver Sr. Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Fan
    • MartialTalk Mentor
    That's what they said about marijuana, acid, cocaine and crack...

Never underestimate the lure of a better high's power... nor underestimate the people willing to sell that lure for a profit.

It'll be here. Give it time.

10. Touch Of Death

• Martial Talk Alumni
    I just don't see a lot of opium making it over here. I may be naive but its pretty tight at the border for businesses and military service men. I, again, could be wrong.

11. MA-Caver

MA-Caver Sr. Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Fan
    • MartialTalk Mentor
    The opium trade in this country have been going on for a long time. Only until 1907 did it start being illegal.
    I don't think you're naive at all alright. A lot of people don't understand or see the drug trade as it's happening. Remember how a big drug bust used to be headlining news? Now it's somewhere around page 3 or 5?

So if it's no problem for heroin to get into our country then it shouldn't be a concern for those wanting to bring krokodil in.

12. jks9199

jks9199 Cause of War & Destroyer of Civilization Staff Member

• Administrator
    • Supporting Member
    • Super Moderator
    • LifeTime Supporting Member
    Based on the article -- it's nothing they need to bring in. And I suspect that the "rot" and several of the other side effects are as much a result of infection and other problems that accompany any IV drug as the effects of anything the drug is made with. Don't get me wrong -- cook up a drug using crappy stuff and you're not doing your body any favors, but I bet infection, damage to the veins and skin, and the like. For example, I arrested a long-time heroin user some years back that needed to be medically cleared. They almost did a cut-down, his skin and veins were so bad... his skin literally "popped" when they put the needle in.