Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is a tragic loss. At least Mr. Irwin died doing what he loved. He is a man that understood the meaning of life, and how he fit into the universe. He had the opportunity to spend his time doing the things that he most enjoyed, and was able to share his passion with the rest of us.

May he serve as an inspiration to the next generation of wildlife advocates.

:asian:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Discovery Channel is going to do a Memorial Tribute to Mr Irwin:

[SIZE=+2]Discovery plans Croc Hunter tribute[/SIZE]
Discovery Communications Inc is planning a tribute to the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, who died after being stung in the chest by a stingray on Monday. Reuters reports that Discovery plans a marathon screening of his 200+ appearances among other tributes. The agency reported that Discovery intends to name a garden in its headquarters after Irwin, and to set up an education fund for his children, Bob and Bindi.

Man, I always thought he was nuts, and half expected somthing like this... it's a shame tho that it happened. The man had as much knowlage and dedication to his field as most martial arts masters have to their art, if not more.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
that's too bad, really I hope the best for his family whose is no doubt in mourning.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is sad, and tragic, indeed! My family and I have been fans of Steve Irwin's like so many others. Just the other night, I was watching an old tape I have of T.V outakes and funniest moments. A very young Steve was on a show, holding a medium sized snake. He was telling the female host (in his usual Australian accent) that "the snaike is not venomous, and won't boite me" (won't bite). Just then, the snake latched onto Steve's neck, and wouldn't let go. He and the host were taken a bit by surprise.

Odd thing is, Steve's death came while filming a special about the Ocean's most "Deadly" creatures. I know they say this is a "freak" accident, with very few people being stung by stingrays, and even fewer deaths, but I find it hard to believe that there are places where people go swimming with these "deadly" creatures. I know Steve loved his work, was an expert, and took some calculated risks with crocks, and snakes, but he really knew how to avoid injury there. This just seems so unnecessary. Very Sad!

Rest in peace, mate! My prayers to the family. :asian:

Last Fearner

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Irwin definitely did what he loved best as taught by his parents to love all living things and to have a respect for them. I hope I die the same way he did... doing what I love best.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
:asian:

Although I was saddended to hear of his loss... I find it hard to feel sad over his actual passing... as he went living on the edge...

Steve should've been gone a dozen times before... this time the other side won... and it's a true loss for the entire World!

My thoughts have been more for his family, friends, and the World community he served...

The prayers of my family go out to Terrie, Bindi Sue, and Bob...

Best Regards,

Andy

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Rest in peace, mate! My prayers to the family. :asian:

Latest Discussions