Crashing Wings, Giant Slayer Kenpo and Maybe Kenpo 4.5

Discussion in 'Kenpo / Kempo - General' started by Kenpojujitsu3, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Kenpojujitsu3

Kenpojujitsu3 Master Black Belt

2. MattJ

MattJ Brown Belt

Hey, I know those guys! :ultracool

Very nice. Good find, James. I haven't seen these before. I like that Mr Jim put a "what if?" example in there.

3. James Kovacich

James Kovacich Senior Master

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    That was a good technique but I think the "what if" scenario should of addressed the large attacker stepping backward with intent. My instink with my arms checked wouldn't of been going forward.

He may have addressed that on the original tape. I do like the addittion of "what ifs" because that is what puts it togeter and makes it real.

4. Jim Hanna

Jim Hanna Yellow Belt

That technique is Circling Elbows in the Tracy system. I like the way he does it, very realistic in my opinion. Notice that he does not lift his hands above his head in order to crash down on his attacker's arms, which would assist his attacker in lifting him.

I usually teach the followups of "Spreading the Leaves", or the beginning of "Rolling Evasion" if the hold turns into some generated forward momentum.

Jim

5. Carol

Carol Crazy like a...

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • LifeTime Supporting Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Jim, would you be at all interested in breaking out these techs and starting a technical discussion to explore this a little more?

6. Jim Hanna

Jim Hanna Yellow Belt

Spreading the Leaves is for a full nelson with forward momentum but also works well for a rear bear hug (arms free) with forward momentum. Simply step forward with the push and drive a series of elbows back into the attackers head.

If the attacker pushes you away and down, releasing you, perform a front break fall, rear kick from the ground, leg scissors take down, and a series of descending kicks to the downed attacker (rolling evasion).

Jim

7. HKphooey

HKphooey Senior Master

Just what this place needed, so more Tracy influence. [​IMG] Keep the posts coming. Good to hear your thoughts. :asian:123