Could BJJ use this?

OP
J

JDenz

Bicip crushes are very very painful and work very well agianst resisting partners. In fact I would say a bicip crush hurts worse then a stright arm lock. (of course not if the guy breaks stuff I am just saying in a regular grappling sesson.

OP

Fight with attitude said:
True..but the trick is could it be done against a resisting parnter.

It could, you just have to be more vicious than your opponent when applying submissions. Same thing goes for any other type of movements.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Shogun said:
CODE RED is also the name of a sunset flip/powerbomb combo.

Thats Intersesting to know.

I learned the term Train with Duke Blackwell
Who Wrestled for ACWA & in Japan..

Craig Pitman Use to Use code Red as his Finishing hold
during his Tour with WCW.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

JDenz said:
Bicip crushes are very very painful and work very well agianst resisting partners. In fact I would say a bicip crush hurts worse then a stright arm lock. (of course not if the guy breaks stuff I am just saying in a regular grappling sesson.
Because I am such a newbie to BJJ, could you give me a brief comparison of BJJ to Catch wrestling? Thanks!

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Start with a triangle choke.

Uke gets his arm free and bent to push against the bent leg of tori.

Tori catches the elbow crook of Uke and putts his own arm through the hole, in an effort to lever it back.

Uke manages to get his head out of the triangle leading to tori holding only the bent arm in the triangle and ...

Voila!

Probably not how they got there in real life though.

OP
P

Patrick Skerry

It seems to me that this technique has potential. A variation of this weird arm lock appears plausible, and it would catch your opponent way off guard.

Bod said:
Start with a triangle choke.

Uke gets his arm free and bent to push against the bent leg of tori.

Tori catches the elbow crook of Uke and putts his own arm through the hole, in an effort to lever it back.

Uke manages to get his head out of the triangle leading to tori holding only the bent arm in the triangle and ...

Voila!

Probably not how they got there in real life though.

Latest Discussions