Copy and Paste... don't work

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Before was able to copy an article off the net and paste it in a reply or new thread typing box by right clicking paste directly in the reply box. ... now that is gone. What changed?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing on our end. Works for me. Try clearing your browser cache, logging out, then back in, or restarting the browser. Worse case, a reboot most likely would solve it.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Nothing on our end. Works for me. Try clearing your browser cache, logging out, then back in, or restarting the browser. Worse case, a reboot most likely would solve it.

nope still doesn't work... dunno what how or anything to make it work again... very frustrating... someone is going to have to hold my hand and walk me step by step on how to correct this problem... I'd really like to be able to copy a quote from someone's post and paste it in my reply (breaking it up or from another thread) or copy something from my computer (text) and pasting it or whatever... a news article whatever!

ARRGGH...

help.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Instead of right clicking and hitting paste place the cursor in the reply box where you want the article to begin and hold down the shift key and hit "insert" or "Ins" key. That may work.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
copy and pasting into a text box would be a issue on your end, not on martialtalk's.

I've had this happen too, usually the refresh button took care of it for me though, does copy and paste work on other sites?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shut your computer completely down. Unplug it. Wait for a full 30 seconds. Plug the computer back in. Restart it.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
copy and pasting into a text box would be a issue on your end, not on martialtalk's.

I've had this happen too, usually the refresh button took care of it for me though, does copy and paste work on other sites?
Aye, it works elsewhere but not here. Also (gently spoken :wink1: ) never said it was a MT problem... :D

I'll try those suggestion and see what happens.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've had this problem before - still do. Followed all the above advice as well, still have it. I can copy, but not paste in the text box, say, for this post. Where I'm typing right now, I can't right-click paste nor use the "paste" button on my keyboard - neither will work. So I added a paste button on the Firefox browser toolbar and use it instead.

If you ever figure it out, lemme know.

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
nope still doesn't work... dunno what how or anything to make it work again... very frustrating...
I have the same problem. Sometimes the right click paste works sometimes it doesn't.

What I have to do is to click in the text message box to get the cursor where I want it then go to my browser title menu "Edit" and select paste from than menu.

I am using Firefox as my browser.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I also use Firefox. When I copy, I will right click. When I want to paste, I will use the edit droplist from the top of the browser, not the right click within the text box. That's how I do this with MartialTalk and Firefox.

- Ceicei

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For some reason, I can't cut/paste from word to my Internet Explorer. This just happened today. I get an error report and it logs me off. Anybody know what the hell?

I can't ****ing stand this BS. Right now I want to find some POS elitist techie **** with an attitude and poke his eyeballs out.

I am going to try it on netscape. I have about had it with computer waste of time crap.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
I can't ****ing stand this BS. Right now I want to find some POS elitist techie **** with an attitude and poke his eyeballs out.

*whew* Glad you said his eyeballs Paul. Dang, I was getting really worried there for a second :rofl:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
*whew* Glad you said his eyeballs Paul. Dang, I was getting really worried there for a second :rofl:

LOL. Man nothing is more fusterating to me then computer problems. And it's not like I am a total computer illiterate either. I get so mad... boy you have no idea. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
LOL. Man nothing is more fusterating to me then computer problems. And it's not like I am a total computer illiterate either. I get so mad... boy you have no idea. :)

LOL! I've been in tech support for 12 years. I totally understand :D

Now who said I wasn't a fighter...? :rofl:

James Patrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Well. it worked on Netscape. I am still pissed, but at least I am not kill someone pissed.

lol...Paul your hilarious.

I think you've been hit in the head too many times.

I just copied and pasted, on YOUR computer, on Internet Explorer, WITH no problems. I hereby ban you from your computer. I am encoding passwords after this post so you can no longer get in! :lfao:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
James Patrick said:
lol...Paul your hilarious.

I think you've been hit in the head too many times.

I just copied and pasted, on YOUR computer, on Internet Explorer, WITH no problems. I hereby ban you from your computer. I am encoding passwords after this post so you can no longer get in! :lfao:

Never mind killing a techie...I am starting with my staff first! ;)

See this is what I hate....no it works again....no rhyme or reason for it; it just stopped working for no reason, then started again. ah well...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Never mind killing a techie...I am starting with my staff first! ;)

*** Whew!! *** That's a relief.

Hey, I'm not gonna be killed today!!

Hey....waitaminnit??? PAUL??? Is this some kind of marketing ploy??? You're jes' trying to get me to buy TULISAN. I'm getting wise to you, boy!

:roflmao:

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For those of you using Firefox, there are two potential problems.

1 - Firefox will randomly stop copying, and restarting the program will help. This occurs with all operating systems and Mozilla products.

2 - The other problem is not a bug, but is caused by malware on your machine. This only occurs on Windows PCs and results in a complete inability to copy and past in Firefox.

To solve the first problem, go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/upgrade-2.html and upgrade to Firefox 1.5.0.4

The second problem is a bit trickier.

1 - IMPORTANT! Close all Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer windows.
2 - Click on start
3 - Click on 'run'
4 - Type regedit.exe and hit OK.
5 - Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows
6 - On the right hand side you should see a string called AppInit_DLLs with a value of pushow*.dll (*will be a random number)
7 - Right click and delete this string, then exit regedit.
8 - Open windows explorer
9 - Browse to C:\windows\system32\
10 - In that folder there will be a file called pushow*.dll where the * is the same number you saw above. Delete all pushow*.dll files.

And you're done!

Latest Discussions