• Deathstalker - The Darkvoid Device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dune - Crysknife

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Necron Gauss - Flayer

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Judge Dredd - Lawgiver.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Demolition Man - Magnetic Accelerator gun (Acc-Mag)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator!

Marvinthemartain.jpg
I think we have the winner!

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
For some reason I knew that the Light Saber would win out. This is a forum of martial artists on PCs, after all. Do the math :D

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lightsaber hands down.

who wouldnt wasn a weapon that de-activated was about as long as a $5 foot long (cue corny music)

and when activated could slice through just about anything except Beskar (i know im a dork)

B

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! I just realized, I forgot the Dalek Gun. Doh!!!!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not this time around. I hit the 20 option limit, LOL!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I never understood the fascination with the light saber. Yay, you have a lightweight sword that apparently you need two hands to hold it, fighting with one should look like two guys conducting an orchestra, not Manny Ramirez at the plate. Also users of said weapon tend to get their hands and arms cut off because they couldn't figure out how to make a gaurd for it.

I guess its pretty nifty for surprising drunk guys at a bar, but in a battle? I'll take the Colonial Marines integrated rifle/grenade launcher in a sec, and turn the wannabe Jedi charging me into a bloody mist by introducing him to a couple of flechette rounds from the grenade launcher.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at your side."

Actually, given a choice, I'll take Heinlein's Mobile Infantry armored suit.

PS: Don't get me started on the phaser, if your weapon has the ability to shoot a sustained beam, which all the phasers were shown to have the ability to do every time they had to burn through something. Then in a fight, you hit the trigger and wave it horizontally, you now have a infinitely long lightsaber that you run across your enemies positions and people. I guess its not as dramatic as dodging light speed projectiles....

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never understood the fascination with the light saber. Yay, you have a lightweight sword that apparently you need two hands to hold it, fighting with one should look like two guys conducting an orchestra, not Manny Ramirez at the plate. Also users of said weapon tend to get their hands and arms cut off because they couldn't figure out how to make a gaurd for it.....

You don't need two hands. There are plenty of one handed or "bastard sword" style light sabers. I have to admit, the lack of a gaurd wasn't very well thought out.

Yep, I'm a dork. :)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to admit, the lack of a gaurd wasn't very well thought out.

Was watching Ep. II the other day, and there was a scene near the end where Obi-Wan, Yoda, and others were standing in an open-sided troop transport with their sabers turned on. Occasionally, an explosion would make the ship rock and they all did that wobble to keep their balance. Kept waiting for Obi-Wan to take someone's head off as he flailed his sword arm around. :rofl:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The sword Farslayer, in Fred Saberhagen's Book of Swords series.

it was the first sword used to slay one of the gods, Hermes I believe it was.

One volume of the Book of Lost Swords was dedicated solely to Farslayer. It was used in a feud between two prominent families to kill each other off. You simply hold the sword, name your enemy, and the sword disappears from your grip and reappears stuck in the heart of your enemy, wherever he may be. No armour, no battlements, no hiding can stop it. It's a guaranteed kill. The problem is, it doesn't come back to you. It just stays there until someone else picks it up.

So these families just kept flinging it back and forth at each other, killing each other off one by one, always knowing that it's going to come back at them. They just couldn't help themselves, the compulsion was too strong. Hilarious.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The sword Farslayer, in Fred Saberhagen's Book of Swords series.

it was the first sword used to slay one of the gods, Hermes I believe it was.

One volume of the Book of Lost Swords was dedicated solely to Farslayer. It was used in a feud between two prominent families to kill each other off. You simply hold the sword, name your enemy, and the sword disappears from your grip and reappears stuck in the heart of your enemy, wherever he may be. No armour, no battlements, no hiding can stop it. It's a guaranteed kill. The problem is, it doesn't come back to you. It just stays there until someone else picks it up.

So these families just kept flinging it back and forth at each other, killing each other off one by one, always knowing that it's going to come back at them. They just couldn't help themselves, the compulsion was too strong. Hilarious.

Farslayer was useless. 1 shot, isn't neccessarily gonna kill the person you set it after, and you are doomed for using it.

Now, Sheildbreaker on the other hand... :)

Actually, My favorites were Soulcutter and Sightblinder. Go figure.

(I loved that series BTW. In my youth I memorized all the verses about the swords and I still know them)

Latest Discussions