Coolest Sci Fi Ship?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Coolest Sci Fi Ship?
By Silent Bob - 12-03-2008 01:44 PM
Originally Posted at: Dead Parrot Tavern

====================

Lets list em, and when we have enough, I'll add a poll :)
Non-fighters please.

Star Trek / TOS & TNG
- Original Enterprise
- Enterprise A
- Enterprise B
- Enterprise C
- Enterprise D
- Enterprise E
- Klingon D7
- Romulan Bird of Prey
- Klingon Bird of Prey
- Klingon Vorcha

DS9
- Defiant
- Cardasian Galor Class

Voy

Ent

BSG
- TOS Galactica
- TOS BaseStar
- TNS Galactica
- TNS Pegasas
- TNS Basestar

B5
- Vorlon Crusier
- EDS Crusier
- Centari Crusier
- Minbari Battleship
- Shadow Crusier
- Whitestar

add yours to the list. :)

Read More...

------------------------------------
The Dead Parrot Tavern - The Dead Parrot Tavern is a community forum for the discussion of the golden age of piracy, pirate fests, ren faires, science fiction, fantasy and horror with news, info, calendars of events, message boards, and more! We welcome all to our shores!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serenity!

firefly_serenity.jpg

She wasn't perfect, sometimes she barely flew -- but she was as much a character as any other member of the crew!

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I always dug the Star Destroyers in Star Wars

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Somewhere on this forum I had posted a link to a site that showed the comparative sizes of nearly every Sci-fi ship ever made/conceived... durned if I can find it now... tried these key words Sci-fi, ship, sizes and got nothing... a little help here... I know I posted it... just can't remember where or the name of the thread... sigh.

But I liked the Sulacco from Aliens... looks like a big assault rifle.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moya from Farscape (with Pilot of course)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I loved the EDS ships in B5 - as I said elsewhere I was struck by the 'grounded in reality' science on which they were based and the use of what I would term "Capital Ship Missiles" (from Space Empires) was a winner for me.

Having said that, the navy in Starship Troopers was pretty good - a shame that the infantry based nature of the story kept us from seeing more.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I looked too and nothing showed up - it's as if it never was (and I do recall seeing it so we're not dreaming :D).

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Enterprise NX-01, though not strictly Star Trek canon, still appeals to me. The look metallic of the thing, with rivets and cumbersome bulk heads, looks man made to me. The Battlestar Galactica from the new series has that authentic feel.

enterprise_nx01.jpg

Galactica_detail.jpg

Star Trek Phase II online is running a new ep in December in which Kirk's TV era ship will be destroyed, paving the way to a vessel that will be in line with the beginning of the movie era. I'm looking forward to seeing them reconstruct it.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/news20080827a.html

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd forgotten the Andromeda... She should definitely be in the running -- especially with Ronnie the Avatar!

And what about some of the ships from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century? Like the Draconian Warships, or the Searcher? (Saved the Earth Starfighters for the inevitable "coolest fighters" thread!)

Or the Space Carrier Saratoga from Space: Above and Beyond? The ships in that series should definitely be on the list for being "real" feeling...

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, there might be heavier firepower floating around out there. But you'll never find a more... well-endowed vessel than Richard "John Boy" Thomas' ship in Battle Beyond the Stars.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How come Star Wars ships are never included in this stuff? Aren't they cool enough or don't they have enough people that like them enough?

Latest Discussions